Today whilst driving around I cam across a slipway I didn't know existed. Its not on www.boatlaunch.co.uk
Situated at the rear of a trading estate on Ensign Way, Hamble Le Rice appears to be a perfectly servicable slipway. It looks free and parking appears to be free. Okay so it doesn't have a pontoon and with todays fairly stiff Westerley it might need some thinking about when launching to stop the boat blowing on shore. Oh and you'll need a 4 X 4 to get across the shingle at the top of the ramp.
Has any one used this slip. I did see one boat trailer left in the Trading Estate but that was it.
1) Looking down the slip towards Fawley.
2) Looking right of the slip towards Netley.
3) Looking Left of the slip towards the Hamble entrance.
4) Dangerous objects to left of slip.
5) The silver Fiesta was abandoned nearby. A bad sign.