Old 14 January 2023, 21:37   #1

Town: Barrow-in-Furness
Boat name: TTFN
Make: Lifeguard RIBS
Length: 4m +
Engine: 60hp Mercury outboar
Rib-eye RIB

Hello all, new member looking for some advice. I am looking at getting a new RIB. I currently have a 4.9m lifeguard RIB fitted with a 60hp Mercury 2 stroke. I am looking at upgrading to a 6.2m Rib-eye Ribtec fitted with a 100hp Yamaha 4 stroke. My question is are the Rib-eyes any good? I am intending to use the the boat for coastal runs with a bit of fishing, not planning on going more than a couple of miles off shore, and a few trips out on the lakes in the Lake District. Can’t find much info on the Rib-eye apart from what is on their website and I know that will be biased.
Old 15 January 2023, 07:19   #2

Town: portsmouth
Boat name: Hullabaloo
Make: Humber
Length: 8m +
Engine: 225 Optimax
RIBase
We have a lot of Ribeye's on our dry stack and they are probably the most popular brand for sales enquiries on our brokergage. I hear nothing but good news from the owners

Smaller models (under 6m) can suffer from UV as the tubes tend to be PVC rather than Hypalon and can discolour and go stcky?

Prices for used boats are still very strong.

Regardfs

Steve
Old 15 January 2023, 13:09   #3

Town: Nottinghamshire
Boat name: Wakey
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mariner 75 2 stroke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garylites View Post
Hello all, new member looking for some advice. I am looking at getting a new RIB. I currently have a 4.9m lifeguard RIB fitted with a 60hp Mercury 2 stroke. I am looking at upgrading to a 6.2m Rib-eye Ribtec fitted with a 100hp Yamaha 4 stroke. My question is are the Rib-eyes any good? I am intending to use the the boat for coastal runs with a bit of fishing, not planning on going more than a couple of miles off shore, and a few trips out on the lakes in the Lake District. Can’t find much info on the Rib-eye apart from what is on their website and I know that will be biased.
Your safe with Ribeye......however if you were to buy a 6.2m prime rib you would need 75-100 k these days.
Old 15 January 2023, 13:25   #4

Town: Worcester
Boat name: Playtime
Make: Brig eagle 6.7
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mercury 175
MMSI: 232026235
I am selling my Ribeye A600. It was retubed in 2021 and has been totally rebuilt including hydraulic steering, wiring, bilge pump, plotter/ fish finder, vhf, nav lights and more. Oh and I had BHG fit a brand new Yamaha F115 sho in 2022. New degraffe roller trailer in 2021
The boat is like new now but we are moving to a bigger rib.

Tags
rib