Old 31 July 2014, 22:23   #21

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: The sea dog
Make: Swiftline
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yan 315
Thanks for the advice there, though I'm thinking be rid of it. Its done 1600 hours, rocker cover or timing cover has never been off, what does that say!
Old 09 August 2014, 06:04   #22

Make: Custom
Length: no boat
Mate, sorry to hear someone else has fallen victim to "Sam" and his dodgy dealings. It amazes me Fair Trading and Apollo Duck have done nothing about this yet, but get your money back if you can.....

nathan
Old 20 April 2018, 20:07   #23

Length: 4m +
AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!

If I buy a reconditioned engine, I expect it to arrive within 2 weeks in full working order, I don't feel this is unreasonable. However, what I actually got was this:
- Having to constantly chase up when the engine will be delivered, no effort was made from their end to communicate anything. If I wasn't told excuses weeks after ordering and "Next week, I promise", the person on the other end would just hang up on me.
- On the rare occasion I did get hold of "Sam", the guy kept asking for more money for various reasons/parts despite me already having paid the full price of the engine.
- Empty promises.
- A part was sent back using a tracked service and despite having evidence it had been delivered and signed for by one of the "engineers" they claimed they had not received it.

I ordered an engine of a particular brand, however what actually arrived was an engine that has been traced back to a Peugeot 504 that has various parts of the particular brand of engine I thought I'd purchased attached to it that looks like it was dropped in some blue paint. On first attempt at starting the engine, a load of rust came flying out, then the starter motor blew. Having had enough of dealing with the scumbag Mudhafar Yassien Al-Kazhraji, or "Sam" as he calls himself, I decided to source a new one from a much more reliable source, which at this stage was anywhere else. The new starter motor arrived and worked great, however on the second trip out to sea the engine suddenly blew out a load of oil and is now comletely f'd.

Having done some research on the company, I can find no evidence of their 30 years of trading, although 10 years ago they also claim to had been trading for 30 years.
Old 20 April 2018, 23:35   #24

Town: north ayrshire
Boat name: charlie girl
Make: S/R5.4/regal3760
Length: 10m +
Engine: Suzukidf70 2x6lp 315
I can assure you he has been trading for 35 years that im aware of
However yours is a familiar story, I heard another story this week from a guy from stranraer who he baisically ripped off too
Hes good at it hes been at it for many years
Old 21 April 2018, 16:14   #25

Town: East
Boat name: Seaflyer
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Engine: Evinrude
I think he started up in Wakefield many years ago opposite Wakefield park. Had a bad reputation then.