Old 28 September 2018, 17:20   #1

Town: Ipswich
Boat name: Click and Collect
Make: Valiant and Narwhal
Length: 4m +
Engine: Outboard
Raise up that transducer

For several months I have had issues with my Tramsom mounted Transducer reading depth at any sort of planning speed. I have made various adjustments to it but none have improved things.

I then stumbled across a You Tube Video where a chap was saying that many people set them marginally too low beneath the bottom of the boat. I therefor raised mine as much as I could without having to re drill the transom and went out yesterday.

I am pleased to report that the transducer worked faultlessly at all speeds up to 35 Knots.

Basically make sure the bottom of the transducer is level with the bottom of the boat. No lower

Hope this helps someone
Old 28 September 2018, 22:03   #2

Town: Dalmeny
Make: zodiac
Length: 5m +
Engine: outboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigplumbs View Post
For several months I have had issues with my Tramsom mounted Transducer reading depth at any sort of planning speed. I have made various adjustments to it but none have improved things.

I then stumbled across a You Tube Video where a chap was saying that many people set them marginally too low beneath the bottom of the boat. I therefor raised mine as much as I could without having to re drill the transom and went out yesterday.

I am pleased to report that the transducer worked faultlessly at all speeds up to 35 Knots.

Basically make sure the bottom of the transducer is level with the bottom of the boat. No lower

Hope this helps someone
B

Mine is set pretty high, no probs holding bottom even at 22 knots in depth of 300m. Also having the back end of the transducer angled slightly lower helps.