Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > RIBs & ribbing
Click Here to Login

Old 02 October 2001, 19:15   #1

Info requested for Predator Offshore RIB

We are interested in purchasing a 1991 Predator Offshore 5.8m RIB with a 1992 Mariner 135hp outboard, does anybody have any information about the builder, comments on the RIB, handleing charateristics, things to look out for etc. especially as a 135 seems to be at the top end for a RIB of that size.

all comments and views welcome
Old 03 October 2001, 04:57   #2

Town: ATHENS
Boat name: SUN KISS II
Make: Nuova Bat 9 Falcon -
Length: 5m +
Engine: Outboard Mercury 115
Send a message via Skype™ to batfalcon
The Predator you say, where is it made ? There is a builder by that name here in Greece, which makes rather good boats. Have seen lots of them but never had the chance to ride one.

batfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 October 2001, 23:45   #3

Town: Bangor
Make: Shakespeare
Length: 7m +
Engine: O/b 225
As well as the company in Greece, there was also one in Northern Ireland, which I suspect is where this particular rib came from. They were built by South Down Marine, Unit 1, Enterprise Centre, Newry Road, Warrenpoint, County Down.
I understand that the company has now stopped trading and I believe they are now being built in Derry under another name.
My friend, Peter Goivanolli, has one - you can see a picture in the rib gallery "Irish Sea Challenge" - the res tubes / white hull one with the high bows.
Early ones had some problems with tending to always "put the nose down" even when trimmed up, due to a curve in the lower rear hull, but this was sorted in the later ones, They are a good strong well built boat but were quite expensive at the time. If you want more info contact me direct on my email and and we can talk...