Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 10 January 2014, 07:25   #1
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Leicestershire
Boat name: Will 2
Make: Humber
Length: 5m +
Engine: 2007 Tohatsu 90hp
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 36
Humber Assault 5.5m

Hello,

I am new to the forum so please let me know if i am posting in the wrong place.

I have a 5.5m Humber Assault with a 2006 Tohatsu 90hp. Does anyone know what the 5.5m humber assault weighs without the engine (or with if anyone knows). Only reason i ask is the suspension units on the trailer need replacing and i am unsure how much it weighs in total. People have suggested a weigh bridge but this isnt practical.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
__________________

__________________
Will19984713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2014, 07:41   #2
Member
 
Low Flyer's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Portsmouth
Boat name: Cinsirrah III
Make: Oceans
Length: 8m +
Engine: Twin D3 160 Diesels
MMSI: 235089712
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will19984713 View Post
Hello, I am new to the forum so please let me know if i am posting in the wrong place. I have a 5.5m Humber Assault with a 2006 Tohatsu 90hp. Does anyone know what the 5.5m humber assault weighs without the engine (or with if anyone knows). Only reason i ask is the suspension units on the trailer need replacing and i am unsure how much it weighs in total. People have suggested a weigh bridge but this isnt practical. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Try emailing Humber they are normally very helpful.
__________________

__________________
Low Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2014, 07:43   #3
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dorset
Length: 6m +
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 130
Humber website is your friend with specs Rigid Inflatable Boats - a vast range of quality ribs for both leisure crafts and sports craft from Humber Inflatables

However the boat weights are only approx as they are all slightly different. You will also have to allow for weight of console and any other fixtures ie A frame etc.
__________________
CUSAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2014, 07:45   #4
Member
 
kerny's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Ashton-under-Lyne Lancs
Boat name: IMOGEN
Make: Air-Craft 5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki df70a
MMSI: 235087492
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,078
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to kerny
Hi and welcome to RIBnet

Google is your friend......

Rigid Inflatable Boats - a vast range of quality ribs for both leisure crafts and sports craft from Humber Inflatables
__________________
Member of S.A.B.S. (Lancashire Division)
kerny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2014, 07:46   #5
Member
 
kerny's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Ashton-under-Lyne Lancs
Boat name: IMOGEN
Make: Air-Craft 5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki df70a
MMSI: 235087492
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,078
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to kerny
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUSAC View Post
Humber website is your friend with specs Rigid Inflatable Boats - a vast range of quality ribs for both leisure crafts and sports craft from Humber Inflatables

However the boat weights are only approx as they are all slightly different. You will also have to allow for weight of console and any other fixtures ie A frame etc.

You beat me to it
__________________
Member of S.A.B.S. (Lancashire Division)
kerny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2014, 07:52   #6
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Leicestershire
Boat name: Will 2
Make: Humber
Length: 5m +
Engine: 2007 Tohatsu 90hp
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 36
Hi guys,

Thank you very much. I shall have a look. I am sure i will have more questions as time goes by. I have had the RIB a few years but have never really needed to know the weights.

On a different note - I use an inboard stainless fuel tank - It doesnt have a fuel guage - Does anyone know how easy it is to fit one and where to get one from.

Thanks
__________________
Will19984713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2014, 08:15   #7
Member
 
kerny's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Ashton-under-Lyne Lancs
Boat name: IMOGEN
Make: Air-Craft 5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki df70a
MMSI: 235087492
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,078
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to kerny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will19984713 View Post
Hi guys,

Thank you very much. I shall have a look. I am sure i will have more questions as time goes by. I have had the RIB a few years but have never really needed to know the weights.

On a different note - I use an inboard stainless fuel tank - It doesnt have a fuel guage - Does anyone know how easy it is to fit one and where to get one from.

Thanks
I wouldn't bother as I believe that they are not very accurate.
__________________
Member of S.A.B.S. (Lancashire Division)
kerny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2014, 08:22   #8
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Leicestershire
Boat name: Will 2
Make: Humber
Length: 5m +
Engine: 2007 Tohatsu 90hp
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 36
Hi thanks for that. I did wonder how they can be accurate while moving about. The only problem is its difficult to know how much is left as the tank is enclosed in the centre console. Under the seats in the stern i do carry a 25 litre tank as a spare but would be nice to know how much i have left. I suppose another option maybe a fuel meter that measures how much has passed through it. I know the amount the tank holds so that may work.

Cheers Will
__________________
Will19984713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2014, 08:40   #9
Member
 
Wightdiver's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Fareham
Boat name: Red Dog
Make: Porters Renegade
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150 HP Yamaha
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will19984713 View Post
Hi thanks for that. I did wonder how they can be accurate while moving about. The only problem is its difficult to know how much is left as the tank is enclosed in the centre console. Under the seats in the stern i do carry a 25 litre tank as a spare but would be nice to know how much i have left. I suppose another option maybe a fuel meter that measures how much has passed through it. I know the amount the tank holds so that may work.

Cheers Will
As you know he capicity of your tank you could fit a fuel flow meter. Basically, measures the fuel that runs down the fuel line from the tank to the engine and will tell you total used, can be reset each time you fill up.

Believe they are pretty accurate, google it.

Good luck.

Andy
__________________
Wightdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2014, 08:43   #10
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Leicestershire
Boat name: Will 2
Make: Humber
Length: 5m +
Engine: 2007 Tohatsu 90hp
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 36
Thanks for the response. I will have a look. Will be a lot easier to fit as well rsther than having to take the console off to access the tank to fit a fuel guauge. Do they do fuel flow meters with a small display for the console?

Thanks Will
__________________
Will19984713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2014, 08:47   #11
Member
 
Wightdiver's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Fareham
Boat name: Red Dog
Make: Porters Renegade
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150 HP Yamaha
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will19984713 View Post
Thanks for the response. I will have a look. Will be a lot easier to fit as well rsther than having to take the console off to access the tank to fit a fuel guauge. Do they do fuel flow meters with a small display for the console?

Thanks Will
The one that I looket had a "standard" 2 inch ish gague so should find a space on most consoles.
__________________
Wightdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2014, 08:50   #12
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Leicestershire
Boat name: Will 2
Make: Humber
Length: 5m +
Engine: 2007 Tohatsu 90hp
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 36
Okay do you have a link. All the ones i have seen are more than a new tank with built in guauge would be

Thanks Will
__________________
Will19984713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2014, 09:02   #13
Member
 
Johnscubanut's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Beds/South coast
Make: Ribcraft 585
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yam 115
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 294
Wooden dipstick marked with 1/4 1/2 3/4 & full etc. Worked well on my previous boat! Cheap & very reliable if boat is almost level?
__________________
Johnscubanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2014, 09:16   #14
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Ardfern
Boat name: Moon Raker
Make: Humber Destroyer
Length: 5m +
Engine: Honda BF 90 D
MMSI: 235035994
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 694
Yep! Wooden dipstick for me, the fuel guage was always useless. Rectangular plastic tank, 85 litres. Filled it, marked the level, then divided that into 5 litre units. Provided you always measure at the same trim it's accurate to a couple of litres. You need flat water though.
__________________
alystra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2014, 09:18   #15
Member
 
jambo's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Girvan & Tayvallich
Boat name: Breawatch
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mercury 150 F/stroke
MMSI: ex directory!!
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 6,162
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnscubanut View Post
Wooden dipstick marked with 1/4 1/2 3/4 & full etc. Worked well on my previous boat! Cheap & very reliable if boat is almost level?
Yep plus 1. My mate runs a Humber 6.1 and he uses the dip stick method never let h down as he knows exactly what's in the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Rib.net
__________________
jambo
'Carpe Diem'
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club
Member of SABS ( Scottish West Division)
jambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2014, 11:30   #16
Member
 
Wightdiver's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Fareham
Boat name: Red Dog
Make: Porters Renegade
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150 HP Yamaha
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will19984713 View Post
Okay do you have a link. All the ones i have seen are more than a new tank with built in guauge would be

Thanks Will
Try this F210-Fuel | Northstar
__________________
Wightdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2014, 11:32   #17
Member
 
freespirit3's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Midlands
Boat name: Freespirit
Make: Redbay
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki DF 140
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 359
If I remember on my last assault the plate on the transom detailed all the weights for the engine and boat. Humber fit these with the hull number and the details.

But it looks like you have sorted this out now.
__________________
freespirit3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2014, 11:59   #18
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Leicestershire
Boat name: Will 2
Make: Humber
Length: 5m +
Engine: 2007 Tohatsu 90hp
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wightdiver View Post
Hi thanks i will have a look. The dipstick method would be great but the fuel filler is not directly ontop of the tank ita on the side and goes around a U shape bend and then into the tank. So i am not sure i can use that method. At the moment i just keep it topped up all the time. Not sure what the most sensible option is.
Cheers Will
__________________
Will19984713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2014, 12:46   #19
Member
 
lakelandterrier's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Gloucester
Boat name: Lunasea
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzi 140
MMSI: 232005050
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,547
I too have a built in SS tank (90l). I calculate my use from the mileage I do, logged every trip. When I fuel up I note how much I put in in - if from can- , and brim it when at a pump - Once you know how many litres you've used full tank to next full tank & how many miles between refills that will give a good idea of consumption. Allow a reasonable safety margin & you won't have a problem.

I know I do on average 0.85l/NM, bur keeping updating over time - it's pretty consistent though.
__________________
Member of the Macmillan Round the Isle of Wight Club
lakelandterrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2014, 19:56   #20
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Leicestershire
Boat name: Will 2
Make: Humber
Length: 5m +
Engine: 2007 Tohatsu 90hp
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 36
Thanka for all thw responses. When the rib comea back from having the engine serviced i will take a closer look at the options.
Thanks again. Will
__________________

__________________
Will19984713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.