Sorry, I'm rather ignorant on this subject. Can you overcharge a battery? Does it matter what charger you use? When I went into Halfords to buy a battery charger, I found they sold about 8 different types
. The cheaper ones were rated at lower amps, and cost less than £10. For £30-£40 I could buy a charger which turned itself off automatically once the battery was fully charged. Is this over the top?
The assistant said that the low-amp chargers might suffer damage if used for a long time (i.e. to charge from a low starting point), but I suspect he knew only a little bit more than me (not much, you can tell).
Being confused, I didn't buy anything.
Can anyone help?