Old 02 December 2010, 09:57   #1

Town: south wales
Length: 4m +
avon 4m rib....questions..!!

Hi,
Just bought avon 4m searider and am now fully into finding out as much as i can ,as i am a complete novice ( first boat ever ) !! and i'm learning there is more to a rib than meets the eye.!!!
I'm aware about the hull flooding which i'm not looking at blocking up, the boat would remain in the water for the summer months and only taken out of the water every 3/4 weeks to clean the hull. Is this ok..? Regarding the anchor...which would be the best and the correct weight? I would be spearfishing mainly so the boat would be anchored in quite deep water at times,mainly a sandy bottom.What is the set up I would need ( length of rope,chain etc ) .
What is the main safety equipment i would need? I would not be going 'out to sea ',i would be ' hugging ' the coastline. Forgot to mention that the rib would be used in Greece only ( mainly calm seas ). As in a vhf radio and licence, is that necessary,wouldnt a mobile phone be enough? I noticed that there is no coast guard on this particular island and it seems that the local boat people just use their phones..!!
As in fitting a fish finder, due to the hull which is recomended for the avon? and are these really useful? I don't have a rev counter on the console...is it worth fitting one?
Most appreciate any answers..!!! thanks again.