Click Here to Login

Old 19 March 2009, 18:48   #1

Town: ANKARA
Boat name: PORDO SELENE
Make: BAT RIB
Length: 7m +
Engine: 2 x 200 HP E-TEC
70 knots! with Bat 850 with 2 x 300 E-Tec's

Hi all, we have just performed BAT 850 FB Cruising water tests in Istanbul after the Boat Show February 2009 and we are happy that we have tested 70 GPS knots! without flaps yet.

After the installation of the 70 cm hydrolic flaps and some other fine tunings we will have second phase tests. Crazy torque and adrenalin for shure!

I will share the coming info's as well.

Alp
Old 19 March 2009, 23:16   #2

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Yes please it's always interesting to know - whats fuel economy like and what props are you running?
Old 19 March 2009, 23:34   #3

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn View Post
Yes please it's always interesting to know - whats fuel economy like and what props are you running?
Do you fit that kind of gear and then worry about what the gas man tells you ?
Old 20 March 2009, 00:01   #4

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmuz7 View Post
Do you fit that kind of gear and then worry about what the gas man tells you ?
YUP

Mate of mine bought a Ferrari and asked me if I knew anyone who would convert it to LPG - then he asked why didn't they do a diesel.......

His brother is even richer - obscenely rich. He has had a Merc converted to run on 100% used cooking oil which he gets from 1 of the hotels he owns. Even more ironic he owns 10 petrol stations!!!

Rich people don't seem to mind buying the toys but they don't like the ongoing expense.
Old 20 March 2009, 06:11   #5

Town: Guernsey
Boat name: Monkey Nutz
Make: Cougar R8 Sport
Engine: 350Sci Verado
Quote:
YUP

Mate of mine bought a Ferrari and asked me if I knew anyone who would convert it to LPG - then he asked why didn't they do a diesel.......

His brother is even richer - obscenely rich. He has had a Merc converted to run on 100% used cooking oil which he gets from 1 of the hotels he owns. Even more ironic he owns 10 petrol stations!!!

Rich people don't seem to mind buying the toys but they don't like the ongoing expense.
Old 20 March 2009, 18:36   #6

Quote:
I take it he's a comedian for a living 'cos if he isnt, he should be.. unless thats one of your 'Codded' up, and padded out tales ofcourse
Old 20 March 2009, 19:26   #7

Town: ANKARA
Boat name: PORDO SELENE
Make: BAT RIB
Engine: 2 x 200 HP E-TEC
Quote:
Yes of course, test props are 30, with Rebel 28 we expect 65 miles, cruising speed 3300 rpm hits 40 miles! Hi torque does really helps for the fuel economy, even this worry is mainly for distance of total miles according to the tank capacity of only 300 lt.

At WOT we do expect a consumption of 65-68 lt per engine per hour!
Old 20 March 2009, 19:45   #8
RIBnet Supporter

Length: 4m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmuz7 View Post
I take it he's a comedian for a living 'cos if he isnt, he should be.. unless thats one of your 'Codded' up, and padded out tales ofcourse
.. damn, it's like that Chinese Takeaway Moment, I know I shouldn't but - he's kinda right. The richest folks I know are, almost to the last, tighter than a crab's ass, and that's watertight. That, is WHY most of them ARE rich.
Old 20 March 2009, 20:58   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
.. damn, it's like that Chinese Takeaway Moment, I know I shouldn't but - he's kinda right. The richest folks I know are, almost to the last, tighter than a crab's ass, and that's watertight. That, is WHY most of them ARE rich.
I can see why some people say that .. but I dont believe in the analogy as a rule, and I think if you buy a Ferrari and want to run it on chip fat or diesel, you have your priorities wrong, and either have more money than sense, or no sense at all, or at least no appreciation of what youve just spent your money on which proves my point and gets back to the start of this thread ... your either in it for the sensation of having specced something for power or speed or performance, but then if you tried to run it like a cheap skate you've just fooked your own ideology by buying it in the first place.

I say take the money out of your pocket and set fire to it instead, that way you wont look like a tw@t when you order your Enzo, then ask the salesman if its got cup holders, takes a witter tow bar so you can tow Garfs 1974 'Shetlund' and complain that you cant fit 2 kids in the back
Old 20 March 2009, 21:26   #10

Town: San Carlos, Mexico
Boat name: INDE
Make: LOMAC 730
Engine: 200 Merc.
MMSI: Please press 1
Send a message via Skype™ to Limey Linda
Quote:
YUP

If you believe this you must also believe in the tooth fairy. Codders must have got the info. from one of his flying sheep.