Old 18 August 2022, 21:05   #1

Town: Mallow
Boat name: Vern
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Outboard
Vangaurd DR 450

Hello everyone. Looking for advice.

Relativly new to ribs and new to the site so I apologise in advance for any lack of information provided.

Brief summary: currently have 5.2 2002 Tornado w 90hp mariner 2str engine (ex Severn rescue). It is an original Tornado rib which apparently is a good thing as their hull design at the time was supposed to be the best in the industry. Again apologies for my lack of exact info. Outstanding handling boat with plenty of power, but it needs to be retubed and steering cable needs to be replaced also along with other bits and pieces.

I am looking at just getting a loan and buy a new rib as, as well as the tornado perfoms I worry that if I replace the tubes something else will act up, probably the engine. I am looking at the Vangaurd (DR450/500) range of ribs purely from a cost point of view and for the amount of times I will use it in the year there can't be that much that can go wrong. I am just wondering if any of you have had or used Vangaurd ribs and what you thought of them.

Very sorry for the long winded text but trying to give as much background as possible. Thanks in advance.

Tags
vanguard tornado