Town: Glasgow
Boat name: Pending
Make: Zodiac
Length: 3m +
Engine: 5hp 4stroke Honda
New west coast zodiac member

Hello!

I thought I’d stop in and say hi.

I’ve recently had my first experience owning my first SIB: I took it out to explore around Arisaig and had a good day however the boat needed replaced after its first shot (11ft zodiac cadet) and it’s replacement just turned up today.

I’m now the proud owner of a fantastic condition Zodiac fast roller 320. It comes with wheels to match so I’m looking forward to trying them out.

I have a 5hp 4 stroke Honda outboard to push it along. It was cutting out on me on its first run but I think it’s because I forgot to open the vent on the fuel tank so was likely running on what I’d primed into the engine. I’ll see how the next run goes.

I’m in Glasgow so had my eye on oban for my next trip out (although I may register it at Loch Lomond to give it a test drive first)

I had the idea of getting a sib for my 40th. I enjoy snorkelling and am keen to do more in our waters after preparing myself with the right gear to be comfortable in our temperatures.

I’d love to be able to use the boat to dive for scallops and explore and snorkel round interesting spots.

I’m wondering what the range will be for a 5hp engine like mine for comfortably exploring around. I plan to stay closer to shore while I build up experience but just wonder what my setup would be capable of.

Some pics of the old and new boats.

Any comments and hellos welcome

Cheers

Marcus

Tags
zodiac