Old 08 June 2024, 20:15   #1

Town: Amsterdam
Boat name: Northstar 195RT
Make: Northstar
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yam F115B
Hello from Yamaha115

Hello waterfriends.

Since I've reading quite a lot on this wonderful forum, I thought it was time to register myself too.

My name is Jill and I live in the Netherlands.
I own a Northstar 195RT from 2004, which is listed as a family boat. Its powered by a Yamaha 115 from 2017.
Like the boat a lot and added a hydraulic steering system a week ago, have not tested it yet.

I owned a 17 foot Joker clubmaster before (same engine), and its a whole different boat. It drives (can I say drive?) a lot more safe and predictable than the Joker. Although its over 200 kilograms more, its a lot slower.

Im not searching for the fasted setup, but I miss the feeling of flying when you trim the enige higher. The Northstar is dragging a lot and I can't get is higher out of the water. I know the console is a little far from the stern, the 120 liter tank is installed in the steering console. So the tank is pretty fat too.

The specs on the original booklet says it can handle 150hp max, my specification sticker on the hull says 130. So I might be a little underpowered.

I reach 65km/h (40,5 miles/h) max, half full tank, just me and a passenger.
Tried 3 different heights on the transom, it does not make any sense. 1 inch cavitation plate above the bottom of the hull feels the best, no blowouts.

Ive tried Yamaha inox K-series 19 & 17p, a ballistic 17p and a Trophy 19p.
The Trophy reaches 64km (40miles) with only 5300rpm. So 17p trophy might give me a little better performance (factory range says 5300-6300rpm).

I was a little surprised the 4 blade prop gave me the best feeling and the same speed as the 3 other inox 3-blade props I've tried.

I don't think its worth spending lots of Money and time trying to find a few miles faster. Its commonly used for the whole family. But if someone has a golden idea I've not thought about, I love to hear it from you.

Also, trimming from total down to high until it shoots its rmp up. There is no to very very little difference to feel. No speed gain, no flying feeling. People watching me from other boats don't see any difference either.

I use the inox K-series 17p at the moment, reaches 6200rpm.

Thank you for reading this far.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Schermafbeelding 2024-06-08 om 22.14.29.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	145172
Click image for larger version

Name:	Schermafbeelding 2024-06-08 om 22.13.08.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	145171
Old 09 June 2024, 07:11   #2