Old 21 July 2015, 08:51   #1

Town: Clynder
Make: honda honwave
Length: 3m +
Engine: outboard 9.9
Hello from the Clyde 😊

Just bought my first sib set up a new Honda honwave 3.8 air floor & a year old Hidea 9.9hp outbound......I'll be mainly using it in the Clyde estuary & Loch Lomond...also hoping to do the Helensburgh to Oben kayak route once I get a bit of experience.
Old 21 July 2015, 22:15   #2

Boat name: Wildheart
Make: Humber/Delta Seasafe
Length: 5m +
Engine: Merc 60 Clamshell
MMSI: 235068449
cool.

As you'll see from my umpteen posts on here been ribbing for a while, but next week will take my new inflatable toy out for a spin...

Have a read at the Gurnard's posts - he has this sib cruising malarkey down to a fine art.

Just remember for Lomond you'll need to register (it's free), and for the Clyde in the early days (i.e before you get the hang of it) keep an eye on the forecast before you go - that calm looking water can get quite lumpy & windy if the weather changes.

There's plenty of us out & about, if you want to cruise in company for the first couple of trips shout in the "upcoming cruises" section & you'll likely end up with like minded company.

And expect some flack for the Hidea. Bottom line is if it works for you, ignore them!
(What's on the transom of my Sib? - let's just say there were more modern engines in the Motor boat museum in Pitsea 12 years ago..... and the very engine on my rib was on display too..... )

Anyhow, welcome to the madhouse, no question is stoopid. Take no banter on here personally, and whatever you do - have fun with the boat!!!!!!
Old 22 July 2015, 08:06   #3

Town: Montrose
Boat name: Ruby Blue
Make: Honwave & SW4800cc
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mariner 15 & 60efi
RIBase
Welcome to the fun club! My rig is almost identical, but with a Parsun 9.8 on the tail. Goes very well one up, gets on the plane 2 up too.
Enjoy.
PM me if you are coming up to the Montrose area for a trip out in company

« Herko Marine? | Top | hello »