Old 27 May 2013, 18:45   #1

Make: Honwave t38
Length: 3m +
Engine: mariner 25 hp
Hello from Scotland

Been floating about the forum for the last 18 months. i started off buying a yamaha 4 hp and 2.6m inflatable 18 months ago. I wanted something that could fold up in the car for convenience.
Last summer i upgraded to a 3.3m inflatable with a 15 hp, this spring i bought a honwave t38. I couldn't find an engine so bought a 25 hp evinrude of ebay, there were lots of parts missing and it did not run well. 20 minutes after first using it the engine seized and the seller says no refunds. One piston has gone into the cylinder head, bit disappointing there are people still using ebay to get rid of rubbish, anyway, i got myself a 25 hp mariner yesterday. i was told it was a 2001 model, serial number is 09977105, any able to confirm age and HP???
Looking forward to a few fishing trips this year and contributing to what looks like a very interesting forum...
Old 27 May 2013, 19:58   #2

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooks View Post
I couldn't find an engine so bought a 25 hp evinrude of ebay, there were lots of parts missing and it did not run well. 20 minutes after first using it the engine seized and the seller says no refunds. One piston has gone into the cylinder head, bit disappointing there are people still using ebay to get rid of rubbish
Welcome fella

I dont really care much for fleabay when it come to fundamental kit like engines .. history is everything

Any way hope your season works out good for you now
Old 28 May 2013, 06:44   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmuz7 View Post
Welcome fella

I dont really care much for fleabay when it come to fundamental kit like engines .. history is everything

Any way hope your season works out good for you now
Thanks, my problem was i bought the new boat and wanted a 25 hp, simply put, there were none for sale, i rushed into making a rash decision, lesson learnt.
Guess i may get a few quid back by breaking the other engine for parts...
Old 28 May 2013, 08:47   #4

Boat name: Wildheart
Make: Humber/Delta Seasafe
Engine: Merc 60 Clamshell
MMSI: 235068449
Welcome.

Yep, I had a similar one. turns out al lthat was wrong was a dodgy connection in one of the spar plug leads, and I probably should have tqwigged that if th eprevious guestimator had altered every throttle mechanism & fuel mix adjuster the spark advance would have been tweaked as well.....

It sang for about 30 seconds before destroying itself. I decided to rebuiold & therefore know what I was dealing with from then on. But yeah, been there, done that.... I hope the rest of the season runs a little smoother. (on the plus side, you could probably break it for spares & get some of tyour dosh back.)

As an aside, no idea where you are based, but I guess you've read about the Forth trip on Saturday?
Old 28 May 2013, 20:06   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9D280 View Post
Welcome.

As an aside, no idea where you are based, but I guess you've read about the Forth trip on Saturday?

thanks, , i am a bit further north but with a bit more notice i would have be up for that. maybe in the future. I have been into some fast cars over the last 10 years and used to go drives with other groups, nice to meet new people and see something different. just slightly turned a corner now getting into the boats , less expensive though...
Old 03 June 2013, 08:25   #6

Town: Stonehaven
Boat name: Sunday Best
Make: Tornado
Engine: Yammy 90
Where about are you based hooks?
I always apply maNthematics to my purchases - tell her it cost a chunk less than it did, then tell her I got a chunk more than I really did for the one I sold... The new purchase seldom costs a penny...
SimonCh is offline   Reply With Quote