Make: Scorpion 8.6m
Length: 8m +
Engine: Yanmar 315hp
MMSI: 211579640
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to Bushrider
Hello from Kiev !

Hi guys !
I have to admit that I am already registered here since 2009 but only recently I started to look every day into this great forum .. Why ? I will tell a bit later ..
I am german - do not get confused with the title of this post - and work already for more than 8 years in Kiev for the german CAT dealer here . My job is the mining service for the large machines .
I love fishing and have now after a couple of little inflatables a very robust Buster XL with a F100A here in Ukraine . Best time is now coming up - october - december or until the first ice .
Every year I am also often in the south of France - at the Cote d`Azur - and here is the reason where everyting started ...
I own a little appartment with a garage there and I always intended to have a little boat there - just for fun and for swimming in the sea .
So I was looking very long for a light boat with air floor and found a Aerotec 420 with a Honda BF20 . It was not easy to find and I was really happy !
So I took the boat down to France and had a trip with my friends . The weather was great and the forecast promised for the next couple of days great weather .
So we left from Cavalaire to the direction of St Tropez . The boat performed very well and we enjoyed a nice afternoon .
After one cape and approximately 25km from Cavalaire the wind changed and became stronger . So I decided immidiately to go back .
We ended up in a very unpleasant choppy sea which became even worse after the last cape before Cavalaire .
It was not funny any more and all the safety equipment was on board - but made the trip not better ...
Finally we arrived safely but I was not so happy about the boat (it is great but not for such conditions ! ) as I was before the vacation .
I decided to sell the Aerotec again and to look for something more seaworthy because I want to use the boat also in spring and autumn there .
Where else in the world is a better choice then in the UK ??
So checked the market and spotted a SR 5.4 . I contacted the seller - a member of this forum - and I appreciated that he offered to meet in Dover .
So I jumped on my old 4x4 and drove from Berlin to Calais , took he ferry and crossed over to Dover .
I know - tasts are different and the SR is really not a design beauty - it was exactly what I was looking for !
I left the same day back to Berlin without the boat which will go until spring next year through some changes / improvements .
During this 2 days going to Dover and back I learned that you guys are still driving on the wrong side of the road but you have fellows there who have boating - may be even especially Seariders - in their blood and in their soul !

In this regard I want to say thanks to Stu ( rogue wave ) who is not only the seller and a great fellow - he really loves the SR`s and has the heart on the right spot !

So please be patient if a SR greenhorn will jump on your nervs with plenty of questions The first one I will post this evening

BTW - I am sure there are not many SR threads I did not read yet ...

Now I am already more than excited to show up at the south coast of France among all those luxury and fancy boats with a real warship

Best regards from Kiev - Jürgen !
Old 11 October 2011, 16:50   #2

Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
Well ''BUSH RIDER'' (Thought it may have been a job discription for a moment) From Kiev, welcome to Ribnet!

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2011, 18:09   #3

Town: StPetersburg Russia
Boat name: Ocean Devil
Make: Scorpion 8.6m
Length: 8m +
Engine: Yanmar 315hp
MMSI: 211579640
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to Bushrider
You just made me laugh
I agree - I should change the name probably from Bushrider to SEARIDER
I used to ride motorbikes offroad for half of my life and best time I had in Nigeria in the bush = Bushrider