I bought this RIB
a month ago, I knew it was going to be interesting but decided as long as the engine looked and ran ok I could do something with it.
Picking up an unknown trailer is always a concern but it looked reasonable and we re-checked it a couple of times on the way home, with 20 miles to go one of the wheel bearings collapsed entirely, 4hrs later we got it onto an AA recovery vehicle and we got it home, many lessons learned!
on further inspection and after some reading there were a few issues:
1) Trailer axle knackered and illegal as braking had been removed
2) Not a BWM as advertised (as far as i can tell anyway, it is a Concorde 210 for which i can find zero information online, anything anybody can tell me would be appreciated.
3) Hadn't ever been on the water like this. I'm pretty sure this is the case because the hydraulic steering was completely dry, the cables are too short to allow the engine to turn one way, the gearbox was empty, the bolts holding the helm pump were the wrong length, so probably an abandoned project that had been thrown together to sell
On the plus side the tanks stayed inflated longer than I expected and the engine looks very good to me for its age, and runs well
So, i've fitted/am fitting:
1) new braked axle, new coupling, new wheels - £800
2) extended cable harness to allow engine to turn left!
4) new steering fluid, new gear oil, new impeller, new fill/drain plugs, spark plugs, fuel filter, new tab washer, new trim relays
6) replaced all instrument wiring
7) bought aux engine.
Work has been held up as i had to go to on business for two weeks but looking forward to getting the trailer back together and getting it out on the water for a test.