Old 19 November 2012, 16:05   #1

Town: Blackpool
Make: Bombard Aerotec
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yam 15fmh
Yam 15F & Aerotec - Which Prop

I have got the above boat and engine. Just want to make sure I have the best prop for this set up. I know some others have the same boat and engine so which prop do you run? My prop is looking a little worn so was thinking about a new soon but want to get the right one. Not really had the boat flat out yet as kids are still small but as they grow up I am sure we will be wanting to go facter! Current prop is a 9 1/4 x 10 1/2 J. Is that the best one for the engine and boat?

Cheers

Matt
Old 19 November 2012, 19:17   #2

Town: Lima-Peru
Boat name: Nautile
Make: Sea Rider 450 Rib
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 5/18/30 HP
All engines and props behaves different in different boating applications. You need to install an induction tach Tiny Tach, Hardline type and go wot with your current prop. Check max rpm achieved with lightly loaded, well inflated & trimmed sib, depending on your final rpm readings you can play with same size diam prop just varying pitch and place the one that gives max top speed. Will sacrifice best hole shot as you can't have best hole shot and best top speed in one prop.

Factory delivered props usually deliver around medium rpm readings stated for a given portable engine. Check Yam 15 min, max wot rpm factory stated parameters and go from there, selecting best prop pitch by blind recommendation could turn into a expensive purchase that could lead to ruining your engine...