Old 27 March 2014, 08:26   #1

Town: east lincs coast
Length: under 3m
small sea fishing dinghy

Hello all!This is my first post.I'm a fine weather fisherman and looking for a small inflatable to fish close to shore.Your recommendations on type and size of craft will help in buying the correct kit !!

Regards
Old 27 March 2014, 10:27   #2

Town: Oop North
Length: 3m +
What's your price range?
I started out with a second hand 3.4m Zodiac Fastroller and 15hp 2 stroke Mercury for about £1400, it came with some extras. But I spent a few hundred more on other bits and pieces. I also did the Powerboat 1 and 2 courses and the VHF course which added another £300 to the costs, Insurance came to about £70, but I thought they where worth while.
Remember even fine weather inshore fishermen need all the safety equipment.
Old 28 March 2014, 08:35   #3

Town: east lincs coast
Length: under 3m
Thanks for your advice I've got RYA Day Skipper and radio licence so well aware of equipment requirements.I'm over 60 and will be fishing alone so don't want too much weight to handle.
Thanks again
Old 28 March 2014, 12:08   #4

Town: Oop North
Length: 3m +
I'm mid fifties and can handle the 3.4 setup by myself. Your best bet would be an airdeck around 3 / 3.2m with the 9.8hp Tohatsu 2 stroke. It'll be light enough to handle, give you enough room for one and fishing gear and have enough power to get you out of trouble.

Also how far from your launch site are you? I'm only a few hundred yards away so I just pull my boat along on the transom wheels. My mate on the other hand lives several miles away. He's in in sixties and has a similar setup to the above. He keeps his sib inflated on a trailer, drives to the launch site, then uses the transom wheels.

Everyone's different, I'm sure others will have their own ideas on the ideal setup for one.
Old 28 March 2014, 22:46   #5

Town: Lima-Peru
Boat name: Nautile
Make: Sea Rider 450 Rib
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 5/18/30 HP
Do you plan on assembling/disassembling inflatable each time you'll be using it or thinking having it permanently inflated with engine living on transom on top of a trailer ? Can you get a extra boating mate, it's not good to go out to sea by yourself..

Happy Boating