Old 14 April 2020, 17:46   #1

Town: Zurich
Boat name: Cadet 310 Alu
Make: Zodiac
Length: 3m +
Engine: Outboard electric
Repair Zodiac Cadet

Hey all,
I have a Cadet 310 Alu and I noticed that there is a small damage on the lateral protective strip. It looks like it does not compromise the air leakage, and the strip itself is simply a bit cut and off (see photo).
What should I do in this case? Just take a good 2-component PVC glue, abound it inside the strip and just glue that piece back?

Thanks!
Roman
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cadet1.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	132650   Click image for larger version

Name:	cadet2.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	132651  
Old 14 April 2020, 18:47   #2

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
Yes Roman just glue it back no point in doing anything else
Old 14 April 2020, 22:23   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffstevens763@g View Post
Yes Roman just glue it back no point in doing anything else
Thanks, Jeff!
Old 29 April 2020, 04:54   #4

Town: Hilton Head Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezak View Post
Thanks, Jeff!
Hope the glue job went well - just replying because I am looking at this Cadet 310 Alu as well and as a complete boating beginner was hoping you might tell me how you like this boat?

Thanks a bunch!
Old 04 May 2020, 17:21   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiltonHeadMatt View Post
Hope the glue job went well - just replying because I am looking at this Cadet 310 Alu as well and as a complete boating beginner was hoping you might tell me how you like this boat?

Thanks a bunch!
Hi,

I do like and enjoy it - but I'm also a boat noob, it's my first inflatable boat

It's quite some work to mount and unmount it every time unfortunately, because I have no garage to store it, but I'm getting better with time

I use it mainly for fishing, so went for the Alu floor - because of stability of standing and not having to be worried about the delicate floor with various objects tools around. It's definitely slower to prepare it than using an inflatable floor, but after you get used to it, it becomes fine even if you're alone, it takes me around 5 min to mount the floor (first times were tragic). The result is impressive though: it is rock solid.

it's more than enough space for 1 person (something I just put a camping chair right in the middle), but for 2 people there is not much space to chill around, especially if you have other stuff in the boat. I guess at the end it really depends what you plan to do with it (just fishing still for hours with a friend vs. putting a serious petrol engine and fly around

let me know if there's anything else you'd like to know
Old 04 May 2020, 23:51   #6

Town: Hilton Head Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezak View Post
Hi,

I do like and enjoy it - but I'm also a boat noob, it's my first inflatable boat

I use it mainly for fishing, so went for the Alu floor - because of stability of standing and not having to be worried about the delicate floor with various objects tools around.
The result is impressive though: it is rock solid.

it's more than enough space for 1 person (something I just put a camping chair right in the middle), but for 2 people there is not much space to chill around, especially if you have other stuff in the boat.

let me know if there's anything else you'd like to know
Amazing reply - thank you Rezak! Between asking my question and now I have been doing continuous research and realized I will actually need the protection of a rigid hull and now I have my eyes on the 360 alu RIB zodiac!

I just have a lot of shallow water hazards in my area and wanted the extra protection of a rigid hull - I now have to store it though but fair tradeoff for my needs imo

I am stoked!

It is a bit longer than the 310 and can support a 30 HP motor! lol I am gonna stick with 15 or 20hp though but hopefully from what I have seen this will enable me to both fish comfortably with 2 and a little gear as well as zip around pretty damn fast with two too!

Cheers thanks again! Did you buy yours locally or from a website?

Tags
repair, zodiac