Old 18 May 2022, 11:23   #1

Town: london
Registering SIB with SSR

Hi all,

New here! I have just purchased a 3.3m boatworld sib for use over in Spain, Costa Brava. I am wanting to make sure I have everything covered before using it over there.

1 stumbling block I have come across is the SSR process. It asks for a lot of documentation which I do not have such as :

International tonnage certificate (ITC69)

Certificate of survey for tonnage and measurement

Builders certificate

Certificate of incorporation

CSR Form 2

The only one I actually have at present is the Bill of Sale. Has anyone recently registered their SIB and did you have all these documents?

Thank you
Old 20 May 2022, 20:41   #2

Town: Exeter
Boat name: Hang-on
Make: Zodiac Pro 550
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 70
Hi
You only need to do SSR Part 3 Leisure Craft £35 for 5 years it only requires basic data.
Where in Costa Brava do you go? We go to Empuriabrava twice a year.
Old 20 May 2022, 21:02   #3

Thanks I’ve submitted it now so hopefully all comes back good. Usually stay around Empuria too, so I need to start looking for some good launch sites on my next visit. I’ve spotted one by the car park behind Lidl and I know Roses and Cadaques and some beaches round there have ramps available . If you have any suggestions that would be appreciated.
Old 20 May 2022, 22:09   #4

We used to stay at L'Escala and use the municipal ramp there. There was a fee but you could park the car and trailer, and wash off everything with the hose when you come back in. We did use a quiet beach on the east side of Cadaqués called Platja Confitera, put this into Google maps and the go on street view, its on a dirt road with parking on the side by the wall. Was very quiet, nobody about. The other place is Platja de La Rubina from Empuriabrava you can drive along the sand road behind Rubina beach if you go right to the end so you are opposite Santa Margarida (google maps satellite) follow the channel in from the sea, there is a wall of stones on the left side at the beginning then they stop and that is the shallow area that they launch jet skis and sibs, plenty of parking. This was all correct two years ago before the lockdown. We have a Zodiac RIB in storage down there that we haven't seen for over 2 years. But are heading down on 21st June for a couple of weeks with an Axopar in tow. Happy to meet up you are there then.
A couple of things you may need is Insurance and if you have 10hp or above an ICC.
John
Old 20 May 2022, 22:33   #5

Forgot to mention, I don't know of a ramp behind Lidl, Empuria. There is access but not a ramp. The only ramp is at the Marina and its quite expensive like 50eur or so, the crane is only around 10eur more so we use that as it saves dunking the trailer. The whole 35km of water ways in Empuria is managed by the Marina and they like you to use their ramp!
Old 02 June 2022, 16:57   #6

Thanks for the tips. I did see Platja Confitera on google maps and have it saved, Platja de La Rubina looks convenient too. Do the Empuria marina stop you at all when you enter the canals from the sea?

I've managed to get the registration and VHF licence done now, a lot simpler than the website makes it out to be. Just need to do the insurance and get documents translated just to be on the safe side. Should be over there either the 1st or 2nd week of July if you are still about.
Old 04 June 2022, 23:42   #7

Hi
In about 8 years of going to Empuria I have never been stopped or noticed anyone being stopped. I would think as long as you stick to the speed limit etc. you should be fine.
I have PM'd you with my mobile No. and dates.
John

Tags
sib