Old 23 May 2021, 20:49   #1

Town: Appley Bridge
Boat name: RedNeck
Make: Excel SD360
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury EFI 20HP
MMSI: 235924407
Redneck Does Dornie (again!)

Despite our previous problems at Dornie slipway breaking a transom wheel, we managed to launch at Dornie again manhandling Redneck down the slip and using the OB trolley.
We went out into Loch Duich just to explore and take a few photos. The weather was dry, sunny but very, very cold!
We beached for lunch on the shore opposite Eilean Donan Castle and decided to go for a walk to stretch our legs and give the dog a run. We went upto Caisteal Grugaig Broch, an iron age defensive farmstead, which apart from being very interesting provided great views of the confluence of Loch Alsh, Loch Duich, Loch Long and great views of Loch Alsh towards Skye Bridge.
After the walk we went back out on Redneck onto Loch Alsh and headed towards Skye Bridge before heading back to Dornie.
Another great day Sibbing in Lochalsh
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0608.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	137492   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0606.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	137493   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0607.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	137494  
Old 23 May 2021, 22:04   #2

Town: Aberdeenshire
Length: no boat
Cracking views and pics mate. I think that will be on the to do list as well

A few years ago my teenage son discovered a photograph of Eilean Donan castle and has always wanted to visit ever since, but we've never managed to for one reason or another.
Maybe this year if the midges and ticks behave themselves......although it wont be until August while on our way to my brothers, with or without sib
Old 25 May 2021, 19:15   #3

Town: Appley Bridge
Boat name: RedNeck
Make: Excel SD360
Engine: Mercury EFI 20HP
MMSI: 235924407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinormeg View Post
Cracking views and pics mate. I think that will be on the to do list as well
Thanks Brian, it is a fantastic place to explore in a SIB, Lochalsh is definitely a place I shall be returning to.

Our last day out on the SIB was on Saturday, Loch Hourn or should I say Loch Hell! It was an experience we shall both never forget. I'll do a post with some pics and vids later.
Old 26 May 2021, 08:39   #4

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Your adventures have caused me to revisit our photos from our time up there... as you say a place to return to... when we have the "truck" ha ha.

Have to be careful giving a place a bad name. One year on the way to the west coast we had spare time so diverted at the top of the Rest & Be Thankful to a minor road through... Hell's Glen. In the worse place possible a rear tyre burst and we had to unpack all the holiday luggage on the road to get to the spare wheel. To add to our woes for ages I couldn't find the wheel spanner. Of course mobile reception didn't stretch to Hell's Glen. It started to look as if we were destined to spend the rest of our lives trapped there.