Old 21 May 2012, 12:50   #1

Length: no boat
Opinions on this used Futura

Hi there I have been very close several times to pulling the trigger on buying a brand new one MKIII futura with seating and console with a 60hp. Can anyone see anything that appears to be amiss with this boat? Is the 40hp too little for it, I plan on quite a bit of fishing in and around the chesapeake bay as well as trailering it to Ocean city MD for some bar/restaurant hopping and maybe some close to shore ocean fishing/cruise. I also figured it would be great for the shallow bay there. Anyone have an idea what the brackets are for on the transom?.....Is $8000 dollars too much? Any comments on the lifespan of this boat? Sorry about all the questions I am just rather excited to find one for sale within a few hours drive of my residence....Thanks
Here is the link:
15' ZODIAC W/TRAILER
Old 22 May 2012, 02:04   #2

Town: Rhode Island
Make: avon
Length: 6m +
Engine: 90hp merc
great looking boat but in my opinion i wouldnt spend that much for a zodiac, i know a lot of people love them but they are a pvc boat and will have problems like all pvc boats, its already 9 years old and for that kind of money you could get a nice rib. if you must have a true inflatable look for an old avon or ther hypalon boat. I had a 10 year old futura 12' boat that i loved and was a thrill to drive but after repairing the florr a couple times I went to put it in the wate and noticed one of the speed tubes were seperating from the boat, would never buy one again, mine was in excellent shape also, never left in weather, ts just they have a life expectancy, again it seems a lot of money but im sure others will chime in with there thought, good luck
Old 22 May 2012, 05:30   #3

Town: NorCal
Boat name: SHARKY
Make: AB
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF75 & BF5
$8k is way too much! For that much you should be able to get a RIB, and something you probably should be looking into in that length. The 40hp engine will push it around just fine, as long as you don't carry very heavy loads.
Old 22 May 2012, 11:49   #4

Boat name: Pisces
Make: Zodiac
Do Avon manufacture a SIB with proper seating and a steering console?

https://www.vimeo.com/2701620
Sharkbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2012, 11:59   #5

Boat name: Pisces
Make: Zodiac
PS. Can you really get a nice RIB / engine / trailer package for $8000?

Most of the one's I've seen in the UK for that kind of money are relics that look more like a dead whale's carcass than a boat.

https://www.vimeo.com/2701620
Sharkbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2012, 15:46   #6

Town: Oakland CA
Length: 3m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97t-bird View Post
Hi there I have been very close several times to pulling the trigger
Man... I thought I got away from that phrase when I left The Hull Truth forum...

Boat seems kind of pricey to me. My Achilles 14/Honda 40/trailer was about $6500 new, albeit back in 2000.

jky