Old 21 November 2015, 05:57   #21
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
Beware of glue failure, and the huge waterfall over the transom on the bombard. The floor is pretty much useless for kiddies or standing fishing.
You really don't like Aerotecs do you
Quote:
I nearly bought the bombard, thankfully I got steered in a different direction.
Have you ever actually used one though?
Old 21 November 2015, 09:23   #22

Town: UK
Boat name: Awesome !!!
Make: F-RIB 375(S)
Engine: Suzuki 9 / 15 & 20HP
I don't dislike them John, I just think they're overrated, over priced, incompatible with my needs.
Very much the same as RIBs or any other hard shell boat, no good for my needs... Notice I said "my needs"
Everyone has different requirements, I've learned to look outside the box rather than follow the "you must" & "you need" brigade.
No I've not used a aerotec, yes I have seen them in use, yes I have heard the complaints from the guys that have them, and yes.. If you don't mind getting slammed in the face with water and paddling in - over transom wash, I'm sure they're superb.
Everyone is different, that's why I stopped coming on here a while ago, because if you dared to even peep out of the "stay in the forum thought box" then you were slammed down and told to take the door marked exit.
Simples :-)

Member of F-RibsAndSibs.Com
Old 21 November 2015, 09:48   #23
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Looking for a new sib

Quote:
I don't dislike them John, I just think they're overrated, over priced, incompatible with my needs.
Your posts don't come across as being that neutral. Maybe something is getting lost in translation.
Quote:
I've learned to look outside the box rather than follow the "you must" & "you need" brigade.
Who would they be? Anyone you don't agree with?
Quote:
No I've not used a aerotec, yes I have seen them in use, yes I have heard the complaints from the guys that have them, and yes.. If you don't mind getting slammed in the face with water and paddling in - over transom wash, I'm sure they're superb.
I'd love to hear you describe a boat you actually dislike!
Quote:
Everyone is different, that's why I stopped coming on here a while ago, because if you dared to even peep out of the "stay in the forum thought box" then you were slammed down and told to take the door marked exit.
Yet you're still here, picking fights...
Old 21 November 2015, 10:21   #24

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Biggy your first sentence is very close to the truth but for accuracy but needs a tiny edit...

Aerotecs are rightly highly rated, expensive -yes but cheaper than a similar size F-Rib and most would agree they are somewhat incompatible for those who want a fishing or utility boat.

The fact they don't fit your needs doesn't mean you have to wage a one-man anti Aerotec war and I really don't understand why you and others from F-ribs & Sibs come on here to try and wind folks up when one of the main claims for setting up that forum was to get away from sniping. No-one from here has joined F-Ribs to constantly post the negatives of those boats.

You said >>> If you don't mind getting slammed in the face with water and paddling in - over transom wash, I'm sure they're superb.<<<

I hate misleading statements on what is a forum with a massive archive of useful posts for those that might search for information in the future. The truth is the Aerotec has proved rather drier than most in terms of water thrown up from the bow area in a chop/swell and in very extreme conditions it has proved able to keep "above" the water on the plane when flatter floor SIBs are reduced to displacement speeds due to discomfort and so shipping loads of water over the tubes just behind the bow.

It's true we all seek to minimise the spray back from the transom but once I'd sorted the best packer height for my outboard in several hours out the splash water in ours has never come above the floor panels because (unlike the Honwave air floors) there is space for a fair bit of water to harmlessly gather between floor panels and floor skin).

Anyway I think it fair that the last words come from the F-Rib forum itself... the guy who owned Aerotec 380 and F-Rib 375 at the same time and wrote a great unbiased comparison of the two before he decided to ditch the F-Rib due to (isolated maybe) quality issues... 4th post down on this link...

F-Ribs And Sibs.Com • View topic - 'Back to Back' F-Rib375 with Aerotec 380

Two quotes I've pasted below from there sum up the Aerotec benefit *for me*

>>>The 380 feels more capable in swell and chop when pushing on, and the ride is more forgiving. Probably due to larger dia. tubes and sitting lower in the boat.<<<

>>>My personal conclusion is both boats are great, the F-Rib is fast and feels grown up, while the Aerotech just puts a huge grin on your face.<<<

Ahhh yes... the grin!

Edit: Oh and Biggy remember the above comes from a fair minded guy who never does the "get what I've got it's the best" posting style... in fact in post 6 of this thread I advised the OP looked at the 3.8 Honwave.
Old 21 November 2015, 15:04   #25

Town: Sussex
Boat name: Bombard
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Mercury Mariner 15hp
Quote:
No probs buddy.
Beware of glue failure, and the huge waterfall over the transom on the bombard. The floor is pretty much useless for kiddies or standing fishing. But if you want to fly about in a bit of chop then yeh, I suppose that's what it's built for... If you don't mind paddling your feet lol.
Don't dismiss the Honwave T38ie , the high pressure air floor is not in the f-rib category, but it's about as good all rounder boat as any air floor.
I nearly bought the bombard, thankfully I got steered in a different direction. I'd only swap my T38ie now for an f-rib.
Good luck in your search :-)

Member of F-RibsAndSibs.Com
Old 21 November 2015, 19:55   #26

Town: UK
Boat name: Awesome !!!
Make: F-RIB 375(S)
Engine: Suzuki 9 / 15 & 20HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kennett View Post
Your posts don't come across as being that neutral. Maybe something is getting lost in translation.

Who would they be? Anyone you don't agree with?

I'd love to hear you describe a boat you actually dislike!

Yet you're still here, picking fights...
Well at least you said "that neutral" lol. Agreed, the written word can often be taken in a different way than meant. I am very pleased with the Honwave T38, That's the only one of the Honwaves that suits my needs. I'd recommend anyone trying one. Again, it all comes down to personal choice and requirement. Although the Honwave build is good, a T32 or a T35/40 wouldn't suit my needs.

Who would they be.... No, not anyone "I Don't agree with"
Now that could be taken in two ways, As previously said, the written word can sometimes "get lost in translation" but i'll answer how I read it.
I don't tend to disagree with anyone's opinion, I like variables on all subjects. That's what discussions are for isn't it ?
Everyone has a right to express there opinions surely?

Is there such a boat that I dislike?
I don't think so, I think getting out on the water is marvellous, whatever craft you may be in. Hopefully its a craft that suits your personal needs.

Still here picking fights ?
Am I picking a fight ?
I don't think so... Just merely expressing my opinions of boats I have trialled or encountered. Again, users opinion is a review is it not ?

FENLANDER,
I'm delighted to hear you've overcome your flooding issues over the transom. I know a few folk that are still having the same issues even after adjusting their motor height.
Hopefully they'll be as successful as you.
Your quoting of the member from F-RibsAndSibs.Com , Yup.. I myself was delighted to see a user of both boats write a review, it's something that's been asked for on several occasions.

MAX..
Thankyou very much for highlighting my Signature on the "quote", I quite like that, it gives it that extra level of sentiment. ThankYou

Overall chaps, I think the thread has raised some very valid points, which I'm sure have been to some help of the OP. Surely that's what the threads are for ?