Old 11 August 2013, 08:35   #1

Town: Dorset
Make: Zodiac
Length: under 3m
Engine: 5hp Mariner
Launching Wheels & Hello

Hi,
Finally got around to registering, I would like to say Hi and look forward to contributing where I can to this excellent site.
I have just purchased a Zodiac Cadet 275 Origin for the purpose of a bit of fun and solo inshore fishing mainly in Poole harbour. It ticks all the boxes.
Currently I am bolting bits on and getting it ready.
Two question I would like to ask, I want to fit launch wheels of a 200mm ish pneumatic type and ideally I would like them to flip and be easily removed as well. I found some on that well known auction site which are marine ally and look quite well made, the transom brackets are 320 mm long !. Has anybody fitted this type ? Any comments or recommendations would be gratefully received.
Secondly, any ideas regards rod holders on an inflatable ? there appears to be a clamp on type, again any advice gratefully received.
Thankyou
Old 11 August 2013, 16:26   #2

Boat name: ShaarkBait
Make: Zodiac 3.6 FR
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mariner 9.9 4-stroke
I can highly recommend wheels by solution-seller of Germany. Do search for "launch wheel suitability" thread.

I went for PU over pneumatic option and don't regret the small additional cost. They wheel very well over cobbles, bricks, concrete, sand and mud as is typical on south coast estuaries.

Iirc they are 260mm and fold flat against transom and simply roll up with boat for storage in the bag.

The only slight niggle is that when boating amongst flotsam, its an extra crevice to pick the crap out of.
Old 12 August 2013, 16:41   #3

Town: Dorset
Make: Zodiac
Length: under 3m
Engine: 5hp Mariner
Thanks Ian, I did happen to see those and thought they looked good, I am off to a chandelry tomorrow to have a look at what they have.
I like the idea of them flipping up and removing completely which they apparently stock in marine alloy. 320mm fixing plates on transom.
Old 12 August 2013, 16:55   #4

Town: Nuneaton
Boat name: ribbit
Make: ring
Length: 6m +
Engine: opti 150
i had the £55 set from that auction site sounds pretty similar ,just set ur boat up in the garden on a couple of chairswith ob on then offer the wheels up mark and bolt .i varnished then siliconed them in the holes
Old 12 August 2013, 16:59   #5

Town: hyde
Boat name: patriot
Make: zodiac
Length: 3m +
i have bought 2 pnuematic tyres off that site got some ali channel & with a bit of luck makeing my own ,it should save me a lot of cash (tyres £12 channel £5 ,then stainless nuts bolts etc )