Old 14 March 2005, 04:04   #1

Town: Des Moines, Iowa
Boat name: Perfecto
Make: Merc
Length: 4m +
Horrible first SIB experience.

The day started off great. My family and I on the way to a beautiful lake with my BRAND NEW Quicksilver 430 HEAVY DUTY and 25 hp. The reasons I capitilized "BRAND NEW" and "HEAVY DUTY" was becuase it didnt live up to my standards. After about 3 hours of trying to get the boat apart, I was finally happy to begin checking the air pressures as the boat was complete. I heard air escaping! This is a brand new boat. IT HAS A HUGE HOLE! I dont even know what to say. This was supposed to be heavy duty material? Dual coated seams. Worst is it didnt even get in the water and the holes are right at the seams. This is not was I expected from a heavy duty model right off the bat. Im hoping this was some kind of fluke and Mercury will set me up with a new boat. I let you guys know what happens from this.
Old 14 March 2005, 05:58   #2

Town: Brittany/Portsmouth
Boat name: Merlin
Make: Solent 6.5
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200
MMSI: soon !
Hope you get it sorted Sirius.

Us
Old 15 March 2005, 00:37   #3

Town: British Columbia
Make: Gemini
Engine: 40hp 2 str
Sure hope it gets straightened out to your satisfaction. Keep us updated on this!
Old 15 March 2005, 01:23   #4

Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
That's a bummer! Most boat manufacturers would be embarassed by an out of the box failure so they should replace it quickly. meke sure you let the Couriers now it arrived damaged if it was sent to you.

Don't let it put you off and try to get a goodie or two in compensation from the supplier. Remind them that this is an opportunity for them to turn a dissafected customer around with good service!
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2005, 05:59   #5

Town: Des Moines, Iowa
Boat name: Perfecto
Make: Merc
I talked to the dealer today and they ordered have ordered me a new boat. No questions asked. Im very happy. This kind of thing happens, but they are doing there best to keep me happy. This is what I expected and recieved from a Mercury dealer. As I said before it must have been a fluke, as im a huge fan of Mercury products (quicksilver included). They never even asked to look at my boat before they ordered a new one. I hope there are no problems when it comes to showing them the damage. It appears sort of punctured, but it surely wasnt me. It hadnt even been in the water. Ill keep you all posted, and will post pics with my new boat (and trailer since it is so hard to put together lol)