Old 31 May 2021, 14:13   #1

Town: Barnstaple
Length: 7m +
Hub identification

So trying to order some bits for these axles. I, ahem, forgot to look at them over the winter and when I pulled the boat out the other day I noticed a strange lean on one of them whipped it off and things were a bit messy...

So they are 200x50 and I’m fairly sure that they are Peak hubs from looking at photos. It’s an Admiral trailer.

Ideally I want to replace both entire axles as they are 15+ years old but it looks like there is going to be a wait for complete axles, so going to have to do some surgery first.

What I’m trying to find is the stub axle which is welded to the backplate. It’s got a bit castleated nut in the back that goes through a hole on the drop arm. The stub axle is pretty chewed up and the castle nut holding it to the drop arm is very corroded (going to need cutting off with the hot spanner).

Anyone recognise the setup and can let me know where I might find a stub axle (and whether it is indeed a Peak axle?)

Old 31 May 2021, 14:22   #2

It looks a lot like this but not sure who makes it: https://ate-uk.com/product/rh-stub-a...late-assembly/
Old 31 May 2021, 15:22   #3

Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakew009 View Post
It looks a lot like this but not sure who makes it: https://ate-uk.com/product/rh-stub-a...late-assembly/

Looks very Al-Ko esque. If you clean up a brake shoe, they usually have the brand stamped on them, knott/Al-Ko etc
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:Don't feed the troll
Pikey Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2021, 21:39   #4

Town: suffolk
Boat name: not yet
Make: Gemini
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 140
Ok ,so at a quick look i reckon they are indespension axles with alko brakes 200mmx50mmbrake shoe width
https://indespension.co.uk/indespens...-4-x-m12-studs
you could get lucky with indespension tommorow they always seem to have lots of stock
if you are going to change both it wont really matter whose axles as long as you get the mounting bracket centres the same (mbc) over hub just needs to fit within your mudguards , then of course stud pattern
with those hubs and brakes i suspect you have 2x1300kg axles to achieve 2600 kg all up
see if you can get the indepension catalogue up it will have all the answers
Old 31 May 2021, 22:33   #5

Town: Cardiff
Length: no boat
These guys a well stocked, well priced and not a million miles away

https://www.tauntontrailers.co.uk/tr...parts-14-c.asp
Old 01 June 2021, 07:51   #6

So after a lot of digging it's actually a Merdith and Eyre axle. Seemingly an RSA150200.

https://ate-uk.com/product/meredith-...cd-brake-drum/

So for anyone else with an Admiral Trailer from the mid 2000's that's where you need to start digging

https://www.meredithandeyre.co.uk/im...s_Units_12.pdf

It seems that the original bolt on stub axles are no longer available as of a couple of years ago.
Old 01 June 2021, 08:24   #7

Town: Nottinghamshire
Make: Ranieri 15
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki DF50
Well done with the detective work!

My current Bramber was fitted with an AlKo axle, also out of production. No problem though as I got something uprated and better from Peak (over the winter).

Sad that time is against you although they might be able to make one inside three weeks if you call them and check.
Old 01 June 2021, 08:27   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limecc View Post
Well done with the detective work!

My current Bramber was fitted with an AlKo axle, also out of production. No problem though as I got something uprated and better from Peak (over the winter).

Sad that time is against you although they might be able to make one inside three weeks if you call them and check.
Just ordered a new set of bearings and a drum to replace the broken one, and will order a set of new axles as soon as the come back from their summer shutdown.

Just waiting to hear back from Admiral Trailers though as they may have some in stock...
Old 01 June 2021, 12:57   #9

After a few phone calls with Admiral Trailers they have the exact axles in stock ready to bolt on and I can go and pick them up in the morning

Awesome service!

And for anyone else in the future wondering if you can get replacement stub axles for a M&E axle with bolt on stub axles, the answer is they no longer make them.