Old 24 November 2005, 14:02   #81
ADS

Town: Dorset
Length: 4m +
Try driving in Bournemouth Cod, OAP central.
I have seen the roundabout trick as well as mounting it, leaving the indicator on for the entire journey. Complete lack of clutch control including dialling up 7500 revs before they pull away. Was waiting behind a Rover 25/metro/micra/sunny at the traffic lights, lights went green and she set off in reverse almost hitting me. I think some of them need to retake their tests.
Old 24 November 2005, 14:29   #82

Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn
Yes the old people are are REAL danger these days - and there are more and more of them!!!

I really don't think people like this should be on the roads - innocent people WILL get killed. And the old gits always harp on about the "younger drivers"!!!!
Whereas being out of control in your car is acceptable? Pot? Kettle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn
I would NEVER have a personalised plate - much to easy for some miserable old biddy to remember when you are going sideways around corners!!!
and the only person I've seen (that is with my own eyes and not third hand/mate/newspaper) going the wrong way on a motorway was a Police Inspector.....
Old 24 November 2005, 15:08   #83

Town: NIVELLES BELGIUM
Boat name: INDEPENDENT
Make: BWM RAPIER
Length: 9m +
Engine: Ob 2*250/2t yams hpd
MMSI: 235030702
Yes the old people are are REAL danger these days - and there are more and more of them!!!

Watch it Codders, you are getting into dangereous ground here....... The most wonderful thing about youth?--- they all grow old, marvelous aint it??.
And now its even better - as the youth will have to work longer to support the oldies

Jonathan ( a very young oldie)
Old 24 November 2005, 17:31   #84

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono
Whereas being out of control in your car is acceptable? Pot? Kettle?

and the only person I've seen (that is with my own eyes and not third hand/mate/newspaper) going the wrong way on a motorway was a Police Inspector.....

It is perfectly possible to be in control whilst drifting sideways!!!

I didn't actually witness WWII or Sept 11th with my own eyes either - does that mean they didn't happen? Don't trust the media much but don't think they would make up all these cases!!!

And I DID actually witness the aftermath of the accident on the M$ - was stuck by it for long enough!!!
Old 24 November 2005, 18:17   #85
exspyrd trayd membir

Town: inn wiliks hed
Make: Redbay 6.5
Length: 6m +
Engine: Twin Etec 90hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by eupa
Shostakovitch's 4th symphony...final movement... Neeme Jarvi conducting.
downt bee a twatt yew twatt. jarvii taiks de fkin strinng sekshun threw too sloe an iz controwl ov de brasss iz bawderin onn de inncompitunt. heez de clasicul eekwul ov jony roten

gArf
Old 24 November 2005, 18:55   #86

Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
Quote:
Ah... the experience "card".. yes I've also got nearly 30 years experience....from FS1E through to R1...
oh well i only have 25 years so i am a spring chicken to the likes of yourself
Quote:
the most "near misses" I've had when idiots have been coming round bends on the wrong side of the road have all been by tossers on sports bikes riding as though they were on the race track... and as I live on a popular through route to Wales it's every feckin' sunny day when these tossers go through...
i know what its like in wales and i can empathise with you on it being like a race track on nice sunny days, especially weekends.

Quote:
if you want to ride to a bikes potential.. use track days.. I did...
i do

Quote:
the roads are not the place for race cans on full chat.. or riding like a twat..
who said anything about riding around on full chat or like a twat? or is it because i dont always wear plain black leathers that must be a twat? i do have a set of plain black leathers, perhaps if i wore them the general public and yourself would think more of me?
Quote:
funny how you can criticise moped riders for teararsing around and still condone it "in the country"..
ok now answer me straight on this one.....you talk all this stuff about how whiter than white you are......and go on about people being hypocritical....tell me this....can you say that hand on heart you have not gone over any speed limit in any circumstances in any vehicle in the last 5 years whether intentionally or otherwise.....come on put your money where your mouth is...lets test this hypocritical theory
Quote:
there are still people on the roads there too... keep yer illegal, loud pipes where they belong on the track.. that's if you can get them past the noise scrutineers.. and stop banging on about safety of loud pipes.. it's just hypocritical...
you are the one banging on and being the hypocrit i suspect if the above is anything to go by.
Quote:
if you want to be safe Ride safely! ..No I don't need your pink leathers...
perhaps my fathers pipe and slippers might be appropriate!!

Quote:
I'm dieting to get back into my Crowtrees.... Ps.. Yellow headlight cover? Don't suppose it has anything to do with the fact that yer bikes yellow..has it?
i personally think the yellow lights on the TLR1000r look crap as they clash with the yellow bodywork....but....i always have yellow headlights as they are an excellent safety feature..in my opinion and experience as you stand out.....did i fit em for this bike to look like a powerranger.....er no....i have had yellow headlights on my road bikes for the past 18 years and that has been on, gt550,cx650,katana,zxr750,cbr600,gsxr11,bmwk100rt, fireblade,zx10,tl1000r, to name a few

also having a bright yellow bike helps with safety as well as it stands out.

So jono.......have you never ever broken any speedlimits?
Old 24 November 2005, 19:14   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jardon
So jono.......have you never ever broken any speedlimits?

Of course I have.Where have I claimed to be "whiter than white" ? My point is the hypocrisy of calling loud pipes a "safety feature" and then speeding. Or critising "moped riders" and defending your own noisy behaviour.

Quote:
..... Of course it adds to the safety as folks can hear you....
My swipe at "power rangers" wasn't particularly aimed at you originally, just the anti-social twats who try to justify fitting loud pipes for road use, whilst riding like pillocks.. with inane slogans.. but you seem to take it to heart... Your dad's pipe and slippers will do nicely.. do they come in black?
Old 24 November 2005, 19:44   #88

i guess you have come across as whiter than white where you have moaned on incessantly about idiots who speed and use the place like a race track.......if you speed as well then surly folks in greenhouses should not throw stones..

anyway now we have got past that bit as i felt compelled to reply

the slippers are tweed so will probably go nice
Old 24 November 2005, 20:15   #89

Quote:
i guess you have come across as whiter than white where you have moaned on incessantly about idiots who speed and use the place like a race track.......if you speed as well then surly folks in greenhouses should not throw stones..
Riding quickly and riding like the roads are a private race track are two different things...aren't they? Anyways... tweed will do nicely..

*lamp swinging*.. there I was sat on the pit lane wall watching a group of "power rangers" (Sorry..just can't help it ) circulating at a reasonable pace when a black BMW K100LT (memory a bit hazy on model) joins the circuit from the pit lane....and proceeds to ride sedately round the track... much head shaking and fist waving from the "fast boys".. the BM starts to pick up the pace having warmed his tyres up.. and round he goes.. by now he's going round the OUTSIDE of folks at Gerards.. and you must know how bumpy that is... by now you can see that the "fast boys" are incandescent with rage at seeing this old duffer’s bike.. complete with panniers.. circulating faster than them... the inevitable happens and some bloke trying too hard bins it so everyone comes in, including the BM rider... who quietly takes his lid off and wanders over to have a chat to the organisers ... I look at his helmet and in very small letters it said " Phil Read - 7 times world champion"..
Old 24 November 2005, 20:31   #90

Quote:
Riding quickly and riding like the roads are a private race track are two different things...aren't they? Anyways... tweed will do nicely..

*lamp swinging*.. there I was sat on the pit lane wall watching a group of "power rangers" (Sorry..just can't help it ) circulating at a reasonable pace when a black BMW K100LT (memory a bit hazy on model) joins the circuit from the pit lane....and proceeds to ride sedately round the track... much head shaking and fist waving from the "fast boys".. the BM starts to pick up the pace having warmed his tyres up.. and round he goes.. by now he's going round the OUTSIDE of folks at Gerards.. and you must know how bumpy that is... by now you can see that the "fast boys" are incandescent with rage at seeing this old duffer’s bike.. complete with panniers.. circulating faster than them... the inevitable happens and some bloke trying too hard bins it so everyone comes in, including the BM rider... who quietly takes his lid off and wanders over to have a chat to the organisers ... I look at his helmet and in very small letters it said " Phil Read - 7 times world champion"..
nice one

glad we moved on to riding quickly from riding without regard for other road users....ie twats, the guys i ride with now are fairly slow which is nice as it keeps my pace down a bit as i am quite rusty these days compared to the old days......kids.....old age......not enough time to get out

pulling up a sandbag....

i had a k100rt that i used for dispatching and it was a superb bike, strange power delivery compared to jap bikes but superb for covering 600 miles a day with relative ease. i put the new michelin radials on it when they first came out (that will place a date in time for you) and they transformed the bike and its handling, use to get it over at some great angles and it was very comfy. it would do a lot more than you would think, would love to have seen what you described above.
Old 24 November 2005, 20:38   #91

Quote:
..., would love to have seen what you described above.
I'll see if I can find me photos and scan them in..I lost a lot when I "moved" (read divorced.....homeless...living out of a box for a while..but at least I kept my bike ) and post 'em.. it was pure magic..
Old 24 November 2005, 20:41   #92

Quote:
I'll see if I can find me photos and scan them in..I lost a lot when I "moved" (read divorced.....homeless...living out of a box for a while..but at least I kept my bike ) and post 'em.. it was pure magic..
cool, i have a good few pics from the race days but not seen em in the last couple of years, just hope they have not been thrown in error.....oh my god what a thought!

dont go out much on the tlr in the winter as a fair weather road rider these days but when it gets wet and really awful out there then the drz comes out and we go and get covered in mud, which is fab and safe(ish)!
Old 24 November 2005, 23:06   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Garfish
downt bee a twatt yew twatt. jarvii taiks de fkin strinng sekshun threw too sloe an iz controwl ov de brasss iz bawderin onn de inncompitunt. heez de clasicul eekwul ov jony roten

gArf
Bloody hell Garf, what richness of talent spewing from such comments

Jonathan
Old 25 November 2005, 15:08   #94
exspyrd trayd membir

Town: inn wiliks hed
Make: Redbay 6.5
Engine: Twin Etec 90hp
Quote:
at least I kept my bike
thannk fuk forr dat. uvverwize itt cud av bin nassty.

gArf
Old 25 November 2005, 16:30   #95

Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Garfish

gArf
gArfie the string section is reffered to as the gypsies and the brass sexshun iz de plummers
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2005, 07:29   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Wave
gArfie the string section is reffered to as the gypsies and the brass sexshun iz de plummers

using a memorial "blue brothers" quote " i can see that ( exchanging the caddy for a microphone...

jonathan
Old 27 February 2006, 07:42   #97

Town: Pwllheli-North Wales
Boat name: V-ONE
Make: Highfield
Engine: Honda 250hp
Exmoor & The Quantock this weekend
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	west  country (33) (Small).JPG
Views:	166
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	17669   Click image for larger version

Name:	west  country (38) (Small).JPG
Views:	184
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	17670   Click image for larger version

Name:	west  country (39) (Small).JPG
Views:	210
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	17671   Click image for larger version

Name:	west  country (42) (Small).JPG
Views:	195
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	17672   Click image for larger version

Name:	west  country (5) (Small).JPG
Views:	169
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	17673  

Old 27 February 2006, 07:45   #98

Town: Pwllheli-North Wales
Boat name: V-ONE
Make: Highfield
Engine: Honda 250hp
it snow joke ! the drifts were about 1m deep

One of the legal lanes was 10 miles long with 50 yards of bridleway, guess where the ranger was waiting ?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	west  country (2) (Small).JPG
Views:	178
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	17674   Click image for larger version

Name:	west  country (10) (Small).JPG
Views:	170
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	17675   Click image for larger version

Name:	west  country (14) (Small).JPG
Views:	165
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	17676   Click image for larger version

Name:	west  country (16) (Small).JPG
Views:	189
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	17677   Click image for larger version

Name:	west  country (22) (Small).JPG
Views:	216
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	17678  

Old 27 February 2006, 17:04   #99

Jono

that looks superb, i think i need to get this boat finished and get out on the bikes, let me know when you arrange another outing southish and will see if i can join you and the guys.
I need to get mine daylighted mot'd and then i am ready to roll

such fun thanks for posting the pics
Old 27 February 2006, 17:49   #100

Town: Bromsgrove
Boat name: Kick-Ass !
Make: PAC/Artic 22
Engine: 250hp Yamaha
gap road in brecon opens wednesday guess where i will be on sat morn

mind you every time i go any place i allways come accross plonkers stuck fast
Attached Thumbnails