Old 23 January 2023, 04:08   #1

Town: Fresno
Boat name: Diablo Rojo
Make: Zodiac Pro II 550
Length: 5m +
Engine: 90hp Yamaha
Tubes for Zodiac Pro II 550

I am looking to get my boat retubed with new tubes (in PVC). I have contacted Defender and Inflatable Boat Center and inquired about wait times. They can get the tubes from France, but wait time is 9 months to a year. I'd like to find someone in the states that can build them for me, with a shorter wait time. Also, I am NOT willing to pay 2 or 3 times the price of the tubes from France. For that, I can wait the 9 months to a year. I'd appreciate any suggestions on manufacturers here in the states. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200316_103452_001.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	171.8 KB
ID:	142062  
Old 23 January 2023, 17:50   #2

Town: NorCal
Boat name: SHARKY
Make: AB
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF75 & BF5
Wing inflatables in Arcata is a tube manufacturer, but they might overbuild them at a high cost. In other words they make military and commercial tubes. Please report back your conversation with them so "we" can learn if they are applicable for RIB toys.
https://www.inflatablesolutions.com/sponsons.php

I am sure there are many tube manufacturers in the USA but this is the only other one I know of. He has a Youtube channel detailing retubing and other RIB associated repairs. Along with filming boat ramps.
https://www.luxuryribtenders.com/copy-of-boats-tubes

Hmmm...I take that "only other one I know" back.
https://www.inflatableboats.com/Repl...e-Sets_c96.htm
Old 23 January 2023, 18:32   #3

Town: Connecticut
Make: Zodiac
Length: 6m +
Engine: Undecided
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloLoco View Post
I am looking to get my boat retubed with new tubes (in PVC). I have contacted Defender and Inflatable Boat Center and inquired about wait times. They can get the tubes from France, but wait time is 9 months to a year. I'd like to find someone in the states that can build them for me, with a shorter wait time. Also, I am NOT willing to pay 2 or 3 times the price of the tubes from France. For that, I can wait the 9 months to a year. I'd appreciate any suggestions on manufacturers here in the states. Thanks

Highly unlikely you will find someone to build aftermarket welded pvc tubes in US. The machine for that are extremely exspensive. Most after market builders are in hypalon which as i am sure you are aware of is much much more expensive but totally worth it.
www.DinghyPro.net
cgoing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tubes, zodiac