Old 01 July 2019, 21:20   #1

Town: friday harbor WA
Boat name: beluga
Make: zodiac
Length: 5m +
Engine: yamaha 40
zodiac pro bilge just died

I regard the electric bilge to be a bit of luxury, but one tend to rely on. so when the original zodiac bilge stopped working last week after ten years of service, I quickly bought a hand bilge which will arrive tomorrow. But I still want to fix the electric bilge. So I have a few questions about doing that. 1. is there a fuse in a Zodiac bilge I can test and replace if possible? What size fuse is it? 2. if the bilge is hopelessly dead, how important is it to others here, to go buy another certified zodiac bilge? I ask because I see several inexpensive bilges for sale on Amazon for less than $30. Does anyone here recommend a specific bilge? 3. Here's an odd question. Before i go searching for the bilge, and probably take out a heavy gas tank and the main seat, can someone tell me where i can expect the 15 foot zodiac pro bilge to be located? 4. Is this a job for an amateur who knows how to follow directions, or do folks here recommend i bite the bullet and pay a repairman to swap out the bilge? If its doable, can someone point me to a video of how to do it?

Tags
zodiac