Click Here to Login

Old 11 April 2024, 22:35   #1

Town: North Miami Beach
Boat name: HODO
Make: novurania
Length: 4m +
Engine: outboard 60
Yamaha 60hp 2-stroke identification

Hey all, long time reader first time poster.

I recently picked up a 2003 Novurania DL430 that came with what I believe a 2003 Yamaha 60hp 2-stroke. Im having trouble identifying the engine exactly so that I can get a manual for it and all the right parts to do a service. The manufacturer sticker on it has torn over the years and I can only read the prefix model code and the shaft length.

Can y'all assist with identifying the model and year of the engine for me?

The prefix model code is 6H2. I've attached a picture to what I can see and a picture of the engine itself.

Thank you!
Jarob

Not sure pictures are working but they can be seen here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EKA...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oZK...ew?usp=sharing

Old 12 April 2024, 11:41   #2

Town: Aberdeenshire
Boat name: Sula
Make: Ribcraft 4.8m
Engine: Tohatsu 70hp + aux
MMSI: 235087213
RIBase
That's unfortunate - as the engine serial number is missing. It's a long-shaft, 3 cylinder engine, auto-lube, power trim and tilt and electric start. Great engines and built like proverbial **** brickhouse!

Looking at the cowl - that engine could be anywhere from mid 90s (I had a 1995 cylinder 40V engine in same colour scheme) to early 2000s. Your assertion that it's 2003 could be correct.

Looking at images - from 2004 on it looks like the decals change with blue swish.

Here's a starter for ten if you're looking at parts. https://www.boats.net/catalog/yamaha/outboard/2003/60hp

For anything electrical like CDI, etc. Then check the part number on the engine, as they are not cheap.

That letter bottom right denotes year and looks like a T (1995), but again, don't quote me as the letter pre-fix is different depending on country from my understanding. We have resident expert Davie who knows these engines like the back of his hand so may be able to offer up more information.
Old 12 April 2024, 13:11   #3

Thank you a ton for this information! I just want to rebuild the lower unit and any fluids/filters I can change for the season so this should work for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartacus View Post
That's unfortunate - as the engine serial number is missing. It's a long-shaft, 3 cylinder engine, auto-lube, power trim and tilt and electric start. Great engines and built like proverbial **** brickhouse!

Looking at the cowl - that engine could be anywhere from mid 90s (I had a 1995 cylinder 40V engine in same colour scheme) to early 2000s. Your assertion that it's 2003 could be correct.

Looking at images - from 2004 on it looks like the decals change with blue swish.

Here's a starter for ten if you're looking at parts. https://www.boats.net/catalog/yamaha/outboard/2003/60hp

For anything electrical like CDI, etc. Then check the part number on the engine, as they are not cheap.

That letter bottom right denotes year and looks like a T (1995), but again, don't quote me as the letter pre-fix is different depending on country from my understanding. We have resident expert Davie who knows these engines like the back of his hand so may be able to offer up more information.
Old 12 April 2024, 20:37   #4

Town: Aberdeenshire
Boat name: Sula
Make: Ribcraft 4.8m
Engine: Tohatsu 70hp + aux
MMSI: 235087213
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmejarob View Post
Thank you a ton for this information! I just want to rebuild the lower unit and any fluids/filters I can change for the season so this should work for now.
You’re welcome. To get a full health check, check compression with HT leads disconnected. (renew sparks).

Definitely impeller, but look at the state of the housing for scoring, you may want to use a rebuild kit. Gear oil, new drain and filler washers, clean the fuel filter on the engine, top up pre-mix oil, check sacrificial anodes. Again because new to to you, the thermostat (you’ll need a gasket even if you check it). Top up grease nipples, check power trim level and grease linkages.

Lastly, you could check the propeller, you’ll need a new stainless split pin, grease shaft and remember thrust washer. Run in a barrel of diluted salt away or similar. Difficult to tell salt build up, regardless of whether it’s been flushed.
Old 15 April 2024, 15:03   #5

OK, think its safe to assume its a 1995 with that T partially visible? I'd like to order everything needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartacus View Post
You’re welcome. To get a full health check, check compression with HT leads disconnected. (renew sparks).

Definitely impeller, but look at the state of the housing for scoring, you may want to use a rebuild kit. Gear oil, new drain and filler washers, clean the fuel filter on the engine, top up pre-mix oil, check sacrificial anodes. Again because new to to you, the thermostat (you’ll need a gasket even if you check it). Top up grease nipples, check power trim level and grease linkages.

Lastly, you could check the propeller, you’ll need a new stainless split pin, grease shaft and remember thrust washer. Run in a barrel of diluted salt away or similar. Difficult to tell salt build up, regardless of whether it’s been flushed.

Tags
yamaha