Town: Newcastle upon Tyne
Boat name: Happy Hours
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: 300 Verado
MMSI: 235040122
Opti 225 Re-propping, advice needed

Hi All,

I have had some work carried out on the boat over the winter in preparation for a round Britain in June. The work has included a longer leg on my Optimax 225, a jacking plate an extra 100 litres of fuel on the deck and various other bits and pieces.

I currently have 2 four blade S/S props of differant sizes but expect the engine to react differantly with the new stuff onboard. I am planning sea trials at the end of this month or early next in Lymington and wonder if anybody would be willing to let me use differant size appropriate props they may have for a bit of trial and error testing. Of course would cover all costs and replace if damaged by me.

Any offers would be much appreciated..

Ollie
Old 19 March 2006, 08:14   #2

Town: aldershot hants
Length: no boat
opti repropping

what size props are you using, i may be able to help you out
Old 19 March 2006, 17:47   #3

props

I currently have a 4 blade 21 pitch prop which is a merc marine revolution 4, this is the prop I have always used and it historically achieved great results, strong acceleration and a top end of over 50 knots. However this was before the longer shaft and jacking plate and extra weight.

I also have a new 4 blade s/s 24 pitch prop from Steel developments but I have never used it so have no idea what results it will give. Too much I think, the opti was only revving around 5400 with theb 21 pitch prop.

As I am sure you can tell I need help...Just floating around in a world of ill informed thoughts at thye moment...

Ollie
Old 27 March 2006, 08:59   #4

Town: GHENT
Boat name: OCEAN PRO
Make: HUMBER
Length: 7m +
Engine: looking for one
fuel consumption

Hi Ollie ,

I am thinking about buying a Optimax 200 or 225 for my Humber Ocean Pro 7 m.

Can you tell me your fuel consumption at different RPM ? (crusing and full trotlle)

Thanks
Old 27 March 2006, 13:26   #5

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcamel
Hi All,

I have had some work carried out on the boat over the winter in preparation for a round Britain in June. The work has included a longer leg on my Optimax 225, a jacking plate an extra 100 litres of fuel on the deck and various other bits and pieces.

I currently have 2 four blade S/S props of differant sizes but expect the engine to react differantly with the new stuff onboard. I am planning sea trials at the end of this month or early next in Lymington and wonder if anybody would be willing to let me use differant size appropriate props they may have for a bit of trial and error testing. Of course would cover all costs and replace if damaged by me.

Any offers would be much appreciated..

Ollie

Sounds like a similar setup to mine - 225 2 stroke on an 8.8m boat with a transom jack. There is a 19" 4 blade on there at the moment which I am told will do about 43kts - I also have a 3 blade 24" which I bought cheap. Will also be trying all this out soon and no doubt experiments with engine heights etc - we will have to compare results. Reckon I will need a 21" prop though.
Old 27 March 2006, 19:41   #6

I now have 4 props to work with, sea trials next week or week after will let you know then.

Ollie