Old 02 August 2015, 09:55   #1

Town: Kyles of Bute
Make: Humber
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF90
New 2015 Suzuki 90 Lean Burn

Loving my new engine!! 1.8 miles to a litre@4000 revs. average speed 22 mph Destroyer 5.3. 19 inch Suzuki prop. Still only got 6 hours on it so should loosen up a bit.
Big thanks to Simon at Loch Lomond Marina for a tidy install and at a great price too. Cant wait to get it run in and give it the beans.
Old 02 August 2015, 22:17   #2

Town: Dalmeny
Make: zodiac
Engine: outboard
Ive also got one of those on my non rib boat (for sale) make sure you are getting close to the max rpm at full throttle, I needed to drop to a 17 pitch as I was only reaching 5600rpm at full throttle (heavy 5m boat). I did over 200hrs last year on my suzuki and 100 on my rib in the last 5 months with the Yamaha, both engines didn't feel run in until over 100hrs.

Jon
Old 03 August 2015, 07:53   #3

Town: Kyles of Bute
Make: Humber
Engine: Suzuki DF90
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonp View Post
Ive also got one of those on my non rib boat (for sale) make sure you are getting close to the max rpm at full throttle, I needed to drop to a 17 pitch as I was only reaching 5600rpm at full throttle (heavy 5m boat). I did over 200hrs last year on my suzuki and 100 on my rib in the last 5 months with the Yamaha, both engines didn't feel run in until over 100hrs.

Jon
Thanks for that.I have a spare 17 pitch I can try once I have put some hours on the engine.
Old 03 August 2015, 15:06   #4

Town: Oakland CA
Length: 3m +
Sounds pretty efficient, for an outboard. Had never heard of that motor before, so thanks for that.

jky
Old 03 August 2015, 23:30   #5

Town: Dalmeny
Make: zodiac
Engine: outboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perroboy View Post
Thanks for that.I have a spare 17 pitch I can try once I have put some hours on the engine.
I only needed the 17 pitch because my other boat is quite heavy, hopefully you will reach the appropriate rpm with the 19. Its handy to have two props for those trips where you need to carry extra loads, Ive got one coming up where I will need to carry extra fuel and water etc for 1 week in some remote areas of Aus.

JonD