Old 01 June 2009, 21:17   #1

Town: Shrewsbury
Boat name: Pepsea
Make: Tohatsu 6.6m
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mariner 150
MisFireing 0pti 150

ANY Idea's ? I have a 2005 Mariner 150 opti with a miss !! It is fine 2500rpm + but a tick over or when you first pick up the throttle and are cruising upto about 2500rpm there is a missing beat/stroke stuttering a flufyness it is not crisp or clean at all.

It has fresh fuel and plenty of it, It was meant too have had new plugs last OCT and run approx 10 hrs since.

Where should I start ? As I said at 2500rpm + everything seems sweet to the point 6 up on Sunday (on a flat Windermere) gave 41 knots but low down is as rough as a bears ass - I know its a 2 stroke but there is a definate miss and sutter when up pick up the reins or cruise
Old 02 June 2009, 10:00   #2

Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Length: 9m +
I think you are going to need the Merc computer widget connected up to the Opti. Best person to talk to is Nick just round the corner from you. His details are on this thread.

http://rib.net/forum/showthread.php?...&highlight=m54

Pete
Old 02 June 2009, 10:31   #3
JSP

Town: Southport
Boat name: Qudos
Make: 5.4 Searider
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yam 115 V4
MMSI: 235068784
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetski View Post
ANY Idea's ? I have a 2005 Mariner 150 opti with a miss !! It is fine 2500rpm + but a tick over or when you first pick up the throttle and are cruising upto about 2500rpm there is a missing beat/stroke stuttering a flufyness it is not crisp or clean at all.

It has fresh fuel and plenty of it, It was meant too have had new plugs last OCT and run approx 10 hrs since.

Where should I start ? As I said at 2500rpm + everything seems sweet to the point 6 up on Sunday (on a flat Windermere) gave 41 knots but low down is as rough as a bears ass - I know its a 2 stroke but there is a definate miss and sutter when up pick up the reins or cruise
Sorry, can't help here (but best to follow Pete's advice.) Can you do 41 knotts on windermere with out getting happy slapped by the water bobby?
Old 02 June 2009, 10:53   #4

Hi JSP,

I was brought up on Windermere and have used ever since and beleive it is a travasty whats happened HOWEVER

The speed limit is a byelaw only not serious, the wardens do not have the power to ask your name they try BUT YOU DO NOT HAVE TO GIVE IT !!

normally if you get caught persistantly they give you a warning letter I have not had one since the ban came into force.

The caravan site I use has just had 7 new matsercrafts 70k plus arrive for their new owners, for wake boarding etc I waterski most weekends on there normally late evening early morning. We and many other choose to ignor the ban and pay the small byelaw fine should it come ITS never come see www.kwaa.org.uk.

The lake district national park is for the enjoyment of all in my book there is room for everyone and by the shear number of power boats out over the weekend I am not the only one.

Send me you and email and i will send you a blurred photo of 41knt on Windermere last weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP View Post
Sorry, can't help here (but best to follow Pete's advice.) Can you do 41 knotts on windermere with out getting happy slapped by the water bobby?
Old 02 June 2009, 13:05   #5

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Sounds like the fox hunting ban and all the others. They bring in loads of new laws but just can't enforce them!!!
Old 02 June 2009, 14:21   #6

It was the peace,tranquilty and enviroment mob that is responsible One of there big issues at the time, the waves caused are causing serious lake shore erosion !

Result- All the Cruisers etc now using the lake are not on the plane - BIGGER wash and the biggest culprit of all are the tourist crusiers giving of a huge wash Oh but they are exempt!

There left hand did not know the right was doing and the head was so far up their ass they couldnt see straight !

All it needed was am managment plan Everbodyright through the local ecconomy loses, Any people and children wanting to have family FUN loses the right to enjoy one of the most enjoyable and safe play areas inthe UK. They would rather see people have to play on Morcambe bay with the quicksands and rapid tides Safe NOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn View Post
Sounds like the fox hunting ban and all the others. They bring in loads of new laws but just can't enforce them!!!
Old 02 June 2009, 14:43   #7

Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
Jetski- do I detect that you are in some way not happy with things ????????

It does seem a shame that everything 'fun' is stamped out now.
Old 02 June 2009, 15:44   #8

Did I give the opinion I felt strongly about this ............ wooops sorry

They maybe trying to curtail 'Fun' now They will want to tax it next !!

So while it is a byelaw I am in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackroady View Post
Jetski- do I detect that you are in some way not happy with things ????????

It does seem a shame that everything 'fun' is stamped out now.