Old 12 September 2007, 13:03   #21
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
There is a public slip at port glasgow (Newark Castle) which will be fine for an ordinary car with a SR4. It can get very slippy with weed/slime. It is usable about 3/4 of the tide - but becuase of the slime I suggest you use a rope unless its close to high tide. If you intend to tie up to the pier then be aware the ladders are only long enough to use at about 1/2 the tide and they are covered in razor sharp barnacles which will do bad things to tubes.

Possibly not the best place when you are having engine probs though - as rarely anyone else around to tow you back if necessary.
Old 12 September 2007, 13:22   #22

Town: clyde
Boat name: searider
Make: avon
Length: 4m +
went down to the one at newark castle the weekend before last mate - didnt fancy it to be honest - was at high tide but obviously not as high as it can get as was still a bit slippy lower down the ramp and waves were coming in a bit too quickly for my liking - also looked as though I'd need to get out quite a bit to lower the leg on the engine.

Anyway stumbled across the ramp just around the corner at coronation park - turned out to be perfect with the car going down no bother and there was a small wall next to the ramp to jump in and out of the boat