MMSI: 235115642
RIBase
Help Identifying Mounts

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2054.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	176.3 KB
ID:	118907

I am currently doing a bit of work to my Pac 22, which includes removing the engine. As the engine mounts are probably the same age as the boat, I thought I'd change them. The picture above shows one of the mounts in position.

My initial thought was that it would be a simple case of unbolting the current mount and replacing it with a like for like standard flexible mount.

Name:	IMG_2053.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	118905

On removing the three bolts holding it down I discovered there was more below the surface than above.

Name:	IMG_2052.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	118906

The assembly is made up of a cylindrical body a bit less than 2 1/4'' in diameter. The top plate with the three bolt holes is part of this cylinder. Inside the cylinder is a tube with an end plate at the bottom that is the same diameter as the cylindrical body. This inner tube is isolated from the outer body by a rubber compound that is firmly attached to the body and the tube.
The centre bolt which is 6'' by 3/4'' passes through the inner tube and there is a spacer which has an OD of 2'' and is 1/2'' thick. The engine bracket sits on top of this spacer.

The engine is the original Mermaid Turbo Four.

Does anyone know what type of mount it is and who might make them? I don't think it's a Mermaid mount although they are on my list of people to try.

Ultimately I could replace it with a standard flexible mount but as the hole for the mount body and the bolt holes are already in the engine bearers I'd prefer to replace like for like.

Thanks in advance.

Guy