Town: teesside
Boat name: magic
Make: humber 5.5
Length: 5m +
Engine: mariner 115
MMSI: 232012453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locozodiac View Post
If both mentioned 4 strokes 5 and 6 HP motors were rebadged carbed Tohatsu versions placing both side to side won't say a thing. Both shares same 123 CC powerheads the 6 HP carb has larger fuel paths compared to the 5 HP one, which will push/plane a boat much better. If you prop right a 6HP to run towards its max 6 K wot rpm range will be able to take the max HP out of it and have more fun than as right now.

Will need to check the Service Manual tech specs as the 6 HP should run with a tad more timing advance than the 5 HP. Usually larger carbs works hand in hand with tad higher time advance setting.

Happy Boating
thanks it is a 123cc single cyl ohv 1999 .mines a 5hp but apparently the 4-5-and 6 all use the same powerhead its a short shaft and I'm planning on using it as an aux on my Humber 5.5 and as a main on a 3.1 plastimo folding rib that is for when I'm away with my caravan. I thought the £136 he has the 6hp carb up for would make the plastimo go a little better I have no doubt it wont make much difference on the Humber
Old 27 April 2020, 09:25   #22

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
got all my stuff from him for the 3.3 hp mercury ive done up, all good only thing is the gear lever on it was a bodge up so when i questioned him if the one he was selling would fit he replied send a pic which i did with no reply from him, i bought it anyway all good so no complaints from me.
Old 28 June 2020, 14:07   #23

Town: berwick upon tweed
Boat name: ta keel a
Make: seahog
Length: 5m +
Engine: outboard suzuki dt55
cambridge outboards

Stay clear, i was scammed by them or Ben Cooper tobe precise, bought a powerhead from them on ebay which claimed to be in working order, good compression etc, turns out it was junk, low compression on 2 of the 3 pistons, sent it back after a bit of a squabble, still waiting on my money back, that was over a year ago! (was part my fault as i didnt check the compression til months after i bought it, was winter time and i was busy with other stuff.) -£400.

Tags
outboard