Following on from the general posting guidelines
, here are some pointers to what is acceptable commercial activity on RIBnet:
- RIBnet is primarily non-commercial, with a limited number of exceptions
- It is acceptable to use your company's web site address as the Home Page URL in your profile. You may also have a link to your web site in your signature.
- Paid up Trade Members may use the Trade announcements and special offers section to advertise their products and services.
- Trade Members may also promote their products in other sections where it is relevant to an existing discussion
- All users may post in the Buy and sell sections, but adverts must be for specific, individual items and not generic product adverts.
- Only Trade Members may advertise more than two RIBs in any 12 month period, unless previously arranged.
Specific examples of unacceptable commercial posts include:
- Blatant advertising outside the "Trade announcements and special offers" section
- Repetitive posting of the same information
- Unsubstantiated claims or wild marketing hype
- Creating "spoof" users to promote your product
- Generic adverts in the "RIBs for sale" forum
If you use the forums to promote your business or products you are required to join as a Trade Member.
Any posts that are deemed to be unsuitable will be removed, and repeat offenders may have their account suspended.
Unless previously agreed, posting under multiple accounts is not permitted, and offending accounts may be merged, deactivated or deleted at the admins' discretion.
If you have any doubt about what you're about to post, please contact me first to avoid any doubt!