Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 14 October 2006, 23:43   #1

Town: Barry
Boat name: Spirit of Cardiff
Make: Delta
Length: 10m +
Engine: Inboard Yamaha Diese
Yamaha Diesel sterndrives, Warrantee/Guarantee?

Can anyone tell me the current warrantee/guarantee on Yamaha diesel engines and stern drives. It was quoted to me at the Boat Show that Yamaha Inboard diesel engines and stern drives are now for "leisure use only". They stated that "no commercial warrantees" will be given with the diesel engines etc? Is this a case of pushing all tolerances too far with the new inboard engines and legs? What about all the commercial operators currently running Yamaha diesel engines? Can anyone throw any light on this statement or even point out when this approach was instigated, if at all? I would invite Red Bay Marine in Ireland to please respond as they appear to be Yamaha's largest supplier and installer. Also in general terms, regarding Red Bay Marine, why did they not respond to the invite within RIB Magazine last month relating to General Warrantees and Guarantees. Surely if they are as large a RIB builder as we observe in the Magazine, then they should have replied and inform all of us reference their Warrantees and guarantees. I currently run an older Yamaha diesel and find the most annoying thing being the severe loss of BHP between the engine and actual prop. By this I mean the "sales pitch" 240hp for instance is actually something near 210hp etc,etc. Does anyone actually know the BHP output of the new 315hp Yamaha at the prop. Also what are the service intervals, engine and also leg?
Thank you and looking forward to responses.
Old 16 October 2006, 23:18   #2

Town: Inverkip
Boat name: Crusader
Make: Redbay 8.4 Exped
Length: 8m +
Engine: yamaha sterndrive
RIBase
i think you should call redbay, its not their job to fill reply to posts on an internet forum.
Old 17 October 2006, 06:05   #3

Town: Southampton
Boat name: Darwin
Make: Ribeye
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150hp Yamaha
RIBase
Why don't you contact Yamaha directly? Their web site is http://www.yamaha-motor.co.uk/produc...t_segments.jsp.

You could also contact Bill Brown of BBMS, he is great on things to do with Yamaha diesels. - 01489 580250
Old 17 October 2006, 19:50   #4
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
This is already being discussed in the "engines" section http://rib.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16527

Please don't post duplicate messages.

Thanks!
John