Town: N. Pembrokeshire
Boat name: Various
Make: RIBs & Hovercraft
Length: 9m +
Engine: Outboards
MMSI: Various
RIBase
Wanted: Part time skipper - summer season

We'd be very interested to hear from anyone who may be interested in doing some skippering for us on the SeaSafari boat this summer.... Coded Arctic 28 - 10 passengers, 2 crew

It would be part time /to cover when we are on commercial work /Hovercraft work.

Advanced Comm qualified or equivalent, experience of helming twins etc.

Our trips are wholly wildlife focused, working in very cetacean rich areas and involves working closely with a local marine conservation charity.....a sensitive approach and keen interest in wildlife are a must. Training regarding local marine code etc will be provided. We can provide a vehicle for travel to and from the boat, but a driving licence is essential especially if you wanted to get out and explore the area (its pretty rural here).

If coming from away we can also look at caravan accommodation FOC on our beautiful holding in N Pembs (if required /partners etc welcome)....and there is often work on the yard /grounds /with the farm animals, if not at sea (as well as potential work on the commercial boats /hovercraft).

Must stress that this is part time /on a pay per trip basis and would ideally suit someone retired /semi retired /wanting a break for the summer in Pembs..... Conscious that this may not appeal to full time skippers, but putting it 'out there' in case it sounds like it could work for someone out there

If you're a keen angler we've also got a nice small stocked pond you can fish in 'til your hearts content

Not going to go for the hard sell, but if you think this could work, drop me a pm and we can chat through etc.....

Thanks! Dan

Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php...17306504953480
Razorbill RIBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2015, 09:45   #2

Town: plymouth
Boat name: phoenix
Make: humber
Length: 9m +
Engine: twin 200hp outboard
Part time skipper

Hi
I would be like to be considered for this job, it sounds brilliant! I currently skipper a 10m Humber with twin 230hp engines. I am based in Plymouth so it is not too far to come for a block of work on an as and when basis. My 14yr old son crews for me at weekends and he has just completed his first aid course and he would love to be involved during the summer holidays.
Many thanks
Ramon