Go Back   RIBnet Forums > Buy and sell > RIBs for sale
Click Here to Login

Old 10 November 2019, 13:24   #1

Town: BRIDGEND
Boat name: Oren Eto
Make: Avon
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mariner 90 hp 4 stro
Avon D. 5.6 metre + 90 HP 4 stroke Mariner (2008)

Hull:GRP-RIB
Length (metres):5.60
Beam (metres):2.33
Draft (metres):0.40
Licence:n/a
Engine:2008 Mariner 90 h.p. four stroke, excellent condition, fully serviced Feb. 2018 inc. timing belt & impellor. trim & tilt solenoids replaced also Feb 2018. Trim hydraulic pump replaced June 2019. All in excellent order givnig superb performance and better than 1 litre / nm @ 22-24 kts. Tops out at 34 kts.
Hydraulics:Engine, Power Trim & Tilt, Hydraulic steering.
Electronics:Lowrance Elite-4DSI Plotter / Sounder, DSC VHF Radio, Navigation Lights, Deck Lights, 3 X electric Bilge Pumps, twin 12V batteries with 3 way changeover switch.
Other information:The boat appeared to have very little hard use by the time I bought it from a Power Boat School 4 years ago where it was kept on a dry stack when not in use. It had never been anti-fouled and the hull was in a very good state. As I was to keep it on a salt water mooring, I then had it antifoulrd for the first time and again, last year. It was originally fitted out with a two-person jockey seat behicd the console two-person set but I replaced that for the layout in the pictures. All original parts available if you wanted to return it to its former layout.

There is a console cover and an old, but usable, overall cover and also a 4-wheel trailer which I have used to tow but it does not now have any brakes and so it is not road-legal. The trailer must be regarded as a "freebie" and no discount is available if you don't want it.

I have used the boat for cruising along the Gower Coast and futher afield from Swansea to Cardiff, Lynmouth, Ilfracombe, Lundy Island, Padstow, Tenby, and the isles of Scilly ( a 260 nauticl mile round trip carried out over a weekend ). All of these trips were carried out unaccompanied by any other boat for which you have to have confidence in your vessel, I do!

The boat has a 75 litre, built in, fuel tank, I had to take additional tanks for the Scillies trip.

You will find it very difficult to get a better "fun / low cost" ratio than for this boat, be it you are a new or experienced Ribber. It is very seaworthy, much more so than a larger RIB that I used to operate commercially over a decade ago. It will get you where you want to go and should last you another 20 years or so with just usual care & maintenance. I have enjoyed the boat immensely but now it is time to move on.

£6,950 ovno.

email: chris@nashpoint.co.uk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	My RIB August 2019 002.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	131417   Click image for larger version

Name:	My RIB August 2019 004.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	131418   Click image for larger version