Old 09 July 2014, 15:47   #1

Town: Stonehaven
Boat name: Sunday Best
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yammy 90
Wrong points

Alright guys?

Let me start by justifying the fact I was driving without insurance... I got my renewal through and I could only get insurance £20 cheaper on compare the meerkat, so i just let it run on.... and it didnt! 2 months later i got pulled, fully believing I was insured. I managed to tax my car 2 weeks after the insurance expired as well which is frustrating... but anyway - 6 points and a £300 fine came my way and i'm gutted.

The numpty in the court has only written 3 points on though, obviously in error. it was 5 weeks ago that i paid the fine and had the points written on, and the DVLA still havent been informed at all of my points.

I am aware that if people are issued the wrong offence code for motoring offences, they get away with it, i'm just wondering if in these circumstances there is anything working in my favour?

Cheers,

Si
I always apply maNthematics to my purchases - tell her it cost a chunk less than it did, then tell her I got a chunk more than I really did for the one I sold... The new purchase seldom costs a penny...
SimonCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 July 2014, 16:40   #2
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
www.pepipoo.com is the place to go for this sort of stuff. Someone there will know the answer.
Old 09 July 2014, 17:10   #3

Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonCh View Post
Alright guys?

Let me start by justifying the fact I was driving without insurance... I got my renewal through and I could only get insurance £20 cheaper on compare the meerkat, so i just let it run on.... and it didnt! 2 months later i got pulled, fully believing I was insured. I managed to tax my car 2 weeks after the insurance expired as well which is frustrating... but anyway - 6 points and a £300 fine came my way and i'm gutted.

The numpty in the court has only written 3 points on though, obviously in error. it was 5 weeks ago that i paid the fine and had the points written on, and the DVLA still havent been informed at all of my points.

I am aware that if people are issued the wrong offence code for motoring offences, they get away with it, i'm just wondering if in these circumstances there is anything working in my favour?

Cheers,

Si
Bugger! any other time the bloody insurance companies auto renew without telling you. It wouldn't be the first time I've had 2 lots of insurance running & not known until the bank statement came through. Typical
As John said, pepipoo is the place.
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:Don't feed the troll
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 July 2014, 18:12   #4
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kennett View Post
PePiPoo: Helping the motorist to get justice is the place to go for this sort of stuff. Someone there will know the answer.
Although it is an internet forum so three other people will all offer conflicting views!
Old 09 July 2014, 18:21   #5
Administrator

Town: Brighton
All I said was someone would know the answer. I didn't say who
Old 10 July 2014, 06:10   #6

Town: Stonehaven
Boat name: Sunday Best
Make: Tornado
Engine: Yammy 90
Cheers guys!! it's very frustrating! my insurance is so cheap, i would never intentionally avoid it! But nevermind, its done now! I phoned up to have a go at privilege - but apparently I must have clicked the "do not Auto-renew" button on the website when i took out the policy. what a prick!!

Si
I always apply maNthematics to my purchases - tell her it cost a chunk less than it did, then tell her I got a chunk more than I really did for the one I sold... The new purchase seldom costs a penny...
SimonCh is offline   Reply With Quote