Old 22 December 2012, 15:47   #1

Town: Principalite d'Chaos
Boat name: The Nashers Revenge!
Make: Windsor Brothers
Length: 6m +
Engine: Optimax 225
MMSI: "Mmmmm SI" she said!
Huawei Ascend G 300??

Anyone any experiance/views on the Huawei Ascend G 300?

My 14yr old son has one and it appears really good, but I can’t get my hands on it long enough to see if it would be good for me.

As I don’t really want to spend much more than £150 in total the G300 appears to be a really good option as it’s available at @£100.
The Samsung S8000 I’ve had for 3.5yrs has been great but is on it’s last legs.

Or is there another phone with as much going for it in the £100 - £150 bracket?
Don’t mind buying used if that’s an option.

I’m on a long standing contract with Vodafone that covers our whole family needs for next to nothing each month, so don’t want to move away from them or spend a lot of money each month on a different contract.

Nasher.
Old 22 December 2012, 23:25   #2

Town: Fareham
I've got a Nokia Lumia 710 sitting in my cupboard. It's a Sim free Windows phone and used it for about 2 Months. It's in a protective case and has screen savers. I was going to give it to my Son but figured in the end he's not old enough to own it. Any good?

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2012, 08:45   #3

Town: Northampton
Make: RibTec
Length: 5m +
Engine: Outbaord mariner 75
Huawei .. hmm not sure . . copy everyones elses tech and flog it cheap. but I am biast.

Intellectual property rights

In February 2003 Cisco Systems sued Huawei Technologies for allegedly infringing on its patents and illegally copying source code used in its routers and switches.[105] According to statement by Cisco, by July 2004 Huawei removed the contested code, manuals and command-line interfaces and the case was subsequently dropped.[106] Both sides claimed success - with Cisco asserting that "completion of lawsuit marks a victory for the protection of intellectual property rights", and Huawei's partner 3Com (which was not a part of lawsuit) noting that court order prevented Cisco from bringing another case against Huawei asserting the same or substantially similar claims.[107] Although Cisco employees allegedly witnessed counterfeited technology as late as September 2005, in a retrospective Cisco's Corporate Counsel noted that "Cisco was portrayed by the Chinese media as a bullying multi-national corporation"

I especialy like the BULLYING MULTI-NATIONAL Part. :-)

Lots of governments wont touch the stuff.
Old 23 December 2012, 09:31   #4

Town: Kyles of Bute
Make: Humber
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF90
I have the Ascend G300.Thought it was a brilliant phone until it decided to break in the middle of the Kyles of Bute on the 02 Dec Clyde cruise a few weeks ago!!Couldnt take the call from the guys who had broken down and therefore we missed the rendevous!!! Got it mended though!!! Its running Android 4, is pretty fast and seems to have a goiod screen.I have it on a £13 a month Voda contract!!
Old 23 December 2012, 10:51   #5

Town: Principalite d'Chaos
Boat name: The Nashers Revenge!
Make: Windsor Brothers
Engine: Optimax 225
MMSI: "Mmmmm SI" she said!
Thanks for the comments guys.

Current contract with Vodafone is £15/month.
300 free minutes.
Unlimited free texts.
Free Vodafone Family for the four of us, which means we can talk to each other as much as we like 24/7 for no additional charge (The other 3 phones are Vodafone PAYG).

Been on this contract for 2yrs now although I’ve had a Vodafone contract for 15yrs.
I renewed it yesterday for 15months and they are sending me a cheque for £100 to put towards a PAYG Phone to put my SIM into. Bearing in mind I only pay the £180 a year I don’t think that’s bad.

Nasher.