This quiz questions your knowledge of the United Kingdom and the Irish Republic
1. Name three of St. Kilda's islands-(preferably from memory!)?
2. Which of the following coves is situated inland and NOT at the seaside;
Sevensouls, Gilsons, Trambly, Malham, Backways, Downgate, Pengirt and Cartway?
3. If I navigate from Berry Head towards Thatcher Rock which cardinal direction would I be going?
4. I am now leaving the Jetfoil Basin in Granville Dock Marina. What are the names of the two piers, to my starboard and to my port?
5. Looking out, due north, from my position on the Ness of Quoys, what island do I see immediately in front of me?
6. From the lighthouse on the Point of Ardnamurchan, which is the nearest island to me?
7. Where the heck is Sarn Badrig?
8. I am just rounding Lizard Point en-route towards Trinity Rock in the Scilly Isles. Are there any particular hazards on the way?
9. Where can I get diesel on the dockside on Bere Island?
10. I think I am about 7 nmiles out from Grimsby harbour, my engine seems to have given up the ghost and I am drifting rapidly north. What dangers lie ahead?
All answers can be found using this free website:
I am not going to comment on any answer, but will publish the complete set on January the first.
You can comment or discuss directly on this website, or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org