Old 15 July 2020, 21:46   #21

Town: Edinburgh
Boat name: Excel Chalanger
Make: Highfield 380 Excel
Length: 4m +
Engine: 25 Yamaha 25Suzuki
MMSI: 235919522
Yes I will return people back Sunday afternoon help them out off the water then return back to the camp site for Sunday night out until Monday night maybe Tuesday HH
Old 16 July 2020, 16:59   #22

Town: Glasgow
Make: Excel Vanguard 395
Engine: Suzuki 20
Hi folks.. i wont manage out with you all on the trip but i do hope to get down to the slip and introduce myself if possible and wish
you all a safe trip.
Old 16 July 2020, 22:30   #23

Hi wee will be leaving at 10:00 Saturday catch you there HH
Old 17 July 2020, 21:07   #24

Town: edinburgh
Boat name: So Tender
Make: avon
Length: 3m +
Engine: yam 30 2t
Sorry hh..... i was hoping to at least make a cameo appearance, but alas, i cant make it, due to being about 14 weeks behind in our work program.. .🙄🙄

Have a great trip fellas....🎉🎊
Old 17 July 2020, 22:07   #25

Well we have a few people turn up tonight the weather is Beautiful looks like it’s going to be a good weekend HH
Old 18 July 2020, 14:00   #26

Town: Glasgow
Make: Excel Vanguard 395
Engine: Suzuki 20
Nice to meet you all this morning.

Will catch up next time when have few more bits and bobs done to boat and it isn't qualifying for the championship at golf!

Have a good day.
Donny
Old 27 July 2020, 18:30   #27

Hi all and thank you for everyone who turned out.
Well we all arrived at largs public slip on Friday and set about putting the boats together I niped down to the local fish and chip shop and collected everyone's order then we had supper with a tin of beer and tried a spot of fishing and looked at everyone's set up then headed for bed.
Saturday morning we where meet by some sibers that just wanted to meet and greet then we set off for little cumbrea where we had a look round the castle on castle island.
We all headed round to the light house but it was to choppy to enter the harbour entrance so we made the crossing to Arron towards Brodick but just over half way one of the boat engine's over heated so I had to tow them so we headed straight for sanox as it was the shortest route where Ron looked at his engine wee made the decision to camp there for the night but decided to try a bit of fishing before we had supper.
We light the camp fire and talked about old times and what was happening with all the c19 pandemic before haveing light refreshments and hot mallows by the fire before reating to bed for the night.
Sunday morning we all awoke and had breakfast before heading to Brodick for hot coffee and a look around the shops and area it was a very quiet and hassle free From the usual Arron full of tourists that you would normally see.
We all decided to miss going round Arron but to head up towards Tighnabruaich as it was to windy but as we turned towards Sanox the wind and chop became apparent that this was not going to happen so we stopped at Sanox where we agreed that I would go up to the point to see if we could crossover to head up Tighnabruaich but I returned and said it wasn't safe we had a hard decision to make cross towards little cumbrea or stay at Sanox for another night we decided to cross which was quite rough at times with swells of half meter and two meter we had head sea following sea it was quite bumppy for some and not so much for others but we made it safe and well.
After a we group and get our thoughts together we decided to camp on little cumbrea for the night so we headed for castle island where we set up camp and chilled out we had supper and decided to have a walk round the island before returning to camp where we set up the fire on the beach having hot mallows and beer before heading to bed.
Monday morning we packed up and headed for big cumbrea for breakfast before we parted with gazago and flying Dutchman as they had booked the Tuesday of so they headed up the sound towards there camp site the rest of us made our way back to largs and recovered the boats before departing we all agreed that we made the best decision for the weather and hoped to meet again this year for a shorter trip but we'll see how the weather goes on e again thank you all and stay safe HH
Old 27 July 2020, 18:48   #28

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Thanks for the report HH. Sounds like you had a bumpy trip at times... they can be some of the best... once back in the comfort of a home armchair.

Was the overheat simply sorted?
Old 27 July 2020, 18:57   #29

Not sure yet Ron hasn't reported back yet but lam sure he'll post here once he knows the answer.
It was a good trip bar the crossing but the wind and weather did play a huge part I have learnt an important lesson on this trip not to do big open crossing with beginners is if anyone else had turned up we could have had to reevaluate where we headed but the guys that I was with where not quite beginners so that did help the situation HH
Old 28 July 2020, 10:53   #30

Town: Lancaster
Boat name: Sisu
Make: Brig
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF50
MMSI: 235912526
It was a good trip. Enjoyed by All I’m sure.

The weather wasn’t great. Strong breeze with gusts. Seas were bigger and rougher than we would have liked but it kept the midges away!

The weather was not suitable for beginners in little sibs and a large following sea always puts me on edge! [emoji15]

Great company and location always makes the trip though. As is usual now I’ve videoed as much as I was able to (big sea needs concentration not filming) and will post it once I’ve edited it.

Ps to those that were there, Pieter’s bag was found at Seamill. Many miles from where he lost it and is on its way back to him as we speak [emoji1303]. A huge thanks to the honest person who returned a bag of money floating in the sea [emoji1].
Old 28 July 2020, 13:26   #31

Yip goes to show there's still some humanity left in the world HH
Old 28 July 2020, 22:06   #32

Town: West lothian
Boat name: Obsession
Make: Aerotec
Engine: Mariner 15
Hi, thanks to HH and all for another great adventure! Good to get back out on the water after lockdown.

I haven't had a chance to look at the outboard but suspect the thermostat, it just shows you anything can happen at sea with the best preparation, would never do these kind of trips alone or would carry an auxiliary engine just incase.
Thanks again to HH for the tow and his hospitality during the trip.

I'm really glad and amazed to hear the missing bag has been found, great news👍

Looking forward to the next trip
Old 02 August 2020, 20:02   #33

Make: F-rib
Engine: Mariner 15HP
Well done guys, we were staying up on Loch Striven at the time and managed 4 trips on the boat over 10 days, had thought about trying to join up with you on the Saturday/Sun but the weather on the weekend was marginal and some of the chop quite lively so good on you for making it out

As mentioned on one of my other threads we were going to circumnavigate Bute the following Friday but when we got to the southern tip it just looked to rough so we turned back.

Discretion always the better part of valour on the seas

Cheers,

MM
Old 06 August 2020, 14:15   #34

Town: Lancaster
Boat name: Sisu
Make: Brig
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF50
MMSI: 235912526
I"ve posted part 1 of my video of the trip here

https://www.rib.net/forum/f16/ribnet...0-a-84352.html

Part 2 will allow as soon as I have time. Hope you enjoy.

Tags
sib