Old 15 April 2014, 23:02   #1

Town: Nuneaton
Boat name: ribbit
Make: ring
Length: 6m +
Engine: opti 150
ramble around the hamble

im looking at launching my sr4 for the first time on the first may bank holiday .i will probably launch from warsash and have a ramble about the hamble . i have just finished my pb2 so want to practice some pontoon work i will have the family on board so won`t go too mad but will point my nose into the solent and see how the day goes ribs and sibs welcome
Old 16 April 2014, 08:18   #2

Town: Fareham
Boat name: Red Dog
Make: Porters Renegade
Engine: 150 HP Yamaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingosucks View Post
im looking at launching my sr4 for the first time on the first may bank holiday .i will probably launch from warsash and have a ramble about the hamble . i have just finished my pb2 so want to practice some pontoon work i will have the family on board so won`t go too mad but will point my nose into the solent and see how the day goes ribs and sibs welcome
Plenty of pontoons around there so you should be spoilt for choice. If the sun is out Hamble can get busy and parking can be an issue so arrive early.

Good luck

Andy
Old 18 April 2014, 20:28   #3

Town: Southampton
Boat name: 'Mojo'
Make: Searider
Length: 4m +
Also.....the long stay carpark(50m) from slip gets full early and has a 2.1m height restriction.

Much after 9am on a decent weekend....forget it...!

The short stay (effective from 1st April) has only a 4hrs max waiting limit, and doesn't have any height restrictions. This carpark is right next to the slip in front of the the pub.

You will need a rope to recover anything other than low tide, and it'll need to be 20m long.

Trailers have to be stored in the long stay car park, the official bays in the car park fill up quickly, but there is space on the grass verge on the left that you are encouraged to use.

There is a fee to use slip, about £7, but I don't see many people going to the Harbour master to pay....

I pay an annual fee, which gets me a lovely sticker, and they seem to be happy for me to use the visitors mooring (for free) for half n hour whilst I launch/recover the boat.

I should be around that weekend Bingo....
Old 18 April 2014, 20:47   #4

Town: Nuneaton
Boat name: ribbit
Make: ring
Engine: opti 150
Will be good to get out there pal,ill make sure i have wellies and a rope
Old 24 April 2014, 22:49   #5

Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
There is some hope of some ribnobber action from Calshot that weekend. But ...no firm detail yet.

It's like sibclub....but more ribcraft club...and we don't talk about it..(first rule....don't talk about it). But one member loves sr4s and anything orange....so 'be fine