Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > Upcoming RIB cruises
Click Here to Login

Old 24 September 2008, 07:14   #21

Town: Inverness
Boat name: none
Make: none
Engine: none
MMSI: none
We are coming, plan is to go to millport saturday and then go down to Easdale to participate in the world stone skimmimg championships on the Sunday.
We will probably go to Arran or into the Kyles of Bute durung the day for a run.
Since we are going to be coming from a different direction and doing different things on the saturday all we need to know is when is the meeting time and where at millport?
We may be there early in kames bay anyway geting fed by the outlaws
Old 24 September 2008, 08:15   #22
K&S

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: Riberty
Make: xs 650
Length: 6m +
Engine: suzuki 175
MMSI: 235063328
Hi Bruce,
I have done a search on the web to try and find the times of the fireworks and can't find anything definate.

Best i can come up with is somewhere between 7.00 and 9.00pm.

From memory i think they were about 8.30pm.

We are still heading back from Millport to Holy Loch on the Sat night if you you want a buddy to head back to Kip with Bigmuz7
Old 24 September 2008, 08:49   #23

I have the schedule for the weekend from the website and there is no mention of fireworks, will call the outlaws on the island tonight to see if they can find out.
Old 24 September 2008, 11:38   #24
K&S

Hi all

I phoned the tourist office and the best they can give is sometime after 7.30pm

I also phoned Portavadie to confirm they have fuel both petrol and diesel - no luging tanks about in Tarbert this time
Old 24 September 2008, 11:55   #25

Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by K&S View Post
We are still heading back from Millport to Holy Loch on the Sat night if you you want a buddy to head back to Kip with Bigmuz7
Thanks for that guys .. but .. looks like I'm being domineered into visiting the outlaws now deep joy .. wonder if my car can suddenly suffer a double blow out ... whilst parked in the garage
Old 26 September 2008, 08:26   #26
K&S

Ok were now heading off to for the weekend and have no internet from this afternoon.

Weather looks about typical for a boating weekend on the clyde.

We will trundle over from Holy Loch to Largs Yacht Haven for 1.00pm and meet up with everybody and take it from there .... ( will be bobing about outside the marina entrance )

Hopefully catch up with you at some point Bruce , sorry you cant make it Bigmuz but if you do come up with an excusse that gets you out of visiting the 'outlaws' i'd be interested in hearing it for future use

If anybody else wants to come that would be great

As said, we wont have internet conection for the weekend if anybody needs to get in touch with us here is my mob no -07500272042
Old 26 September 2008, 21:05   #27

Make: Ribcraft 4.8
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yamaha 60hp
Millport Fireworks

We're hoping to go over to see the fireworks.

Alas, we've sold out, and old Amber is up for sale. We've gone to a Merry Fisher, but hopefully some of you will still talk to us even though it's not a proper boat!

Cheers
Old 26 September 2008, 21:29   #28

Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Engine: Etec 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by K&S View Post
sorry you cant make it Bigmuz but if you do come up with an excusse that gets you out of visiting the 'outlaws' i'd be interested in hearing it for future use
Hey ,.. when I find it .. I'll be looking for a world wide patent maybe you guys could set me on the course for the night stuff tho I am interested..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber1 View Post
We're hoping to go over to see the fireworks.

Alas, we've sold out, and old Amber is up for sale. We've gone to a Merry Fisher, but hopefully some of you will still talk to us even though it's not a proper boat!

Cheers
For sure Eric why the change ?,.. you guys went a decent few trips in that boat .. missed you on our recent clyde trip
Old 27 September 2008, 13:02   #29

Town: Ayrshire
Boat name: Raven
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: 150 suzuki
MMSI: 235040525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmuz7 View Post
Hey ,.. when I find it .. I'll be looking for a world wide patent maybe you guys could set me on the course for the night stuff tho I am interested..

For sure Eric why the change ?,.. you guys went a decent few trips in that boat .. missed you on our recent clyde trip
Got to agree with that one,the way you looked after that boat, I was surprised to see it for sale.
Old 28 September 2008, 12:31   #30

Weather turned out nice for the display after coming across earlier and getting slightly wet.
We didn't get away till nearly 11pm so didn't get home till 1:45am which scuppered the stone skimming trip today.
Good trip back at night, very dark as no moon but the sky was really nice and the Milky way was quite clear with lots of biolumensence in the water. We stopped and switched off everything west of Garroch Head and watched all the glowing plankton flowing past the boat at one point right down through the water column, very spooky! I'll need to put a resistor in my instrument lights as they are still a bit bright and replace my anchor hatch which seems to have been broken at some point in the night but other than that everything worked as it should.
Some pics of the display attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0516.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	37781   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0529.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	37782   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0535.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	37783  
Old 28 September 2008, 18:39   #31

Town: Largs
Boat name: Pinto
Make: Zodiac 4.7 Pro 9
Engine: Evenrude 40 e-TEC
MMSI: 235055258
Hi

Just to say a huge thanks to Bruce & Kim for making it such an enjoyable time last night.

We would not have had the confidence to go over so close to the fireworks in the first place - so thanks Bruce for taking us over! It was also good to catch up with everyone else which we would have difficulty doing if we stayed on our own boats.

Also the journey back was fantastic, again I simply would not have the confidence to go at that speed in the dark if I hadn't been following you Kim - I dread to think how long it would have taken otherwise. The biggest difficulty was when we got back into the marina - the floodlights totally blinded you, so trying to dock was difficult.

Overall a fantastic trip out - thanks for making the suggestion in the first place Kim.

Cya

Vivienne
Old 28 September 2008, 20:59   #32

We have the opposite problem, all the slips are unlit and there are no lights anywhere
The small spotlamp I have on the front isn't for show as I needed it to find the slip when we got back to Tarbert and not ram any of the moored boats on the way in
I think we'll stick it in the calendar again for next year, the fireworks were quite good and its always good to meet up with folk.
We probably won't be down on the Clyde now till Nov/Dec when we go back up the Clyde for the illuminations and hopefully a bite to eat.
I'll need to check tides etc to see when this is likely to be, looking for LW around 5-6pm probably on a spring to make sure all the garbage is aground on the mudflats
Old 28 September 2008, 21:14   #33
K&S

Good to see you all again and thanks for coming

Pinto, its great to see you all getting a lot of use from your boat. If we can help you get more or help in anyway don't hesitate to get in touch.

Perhaps we could help by carrying fuel for you if you wanted to venture a little further sometime the offer is there.

I'm off to Portavadie next weekend, powerboating, work sucks ....
should be back at Largs around about 4pm (ish)

Anybody going out to chase the QE2 down the clyde for the second last time or should that be the second last time ???

I missed last years last ever trip dont want to miss this last ever trip as there might not be a third last ever trip

(I think there is suggested meet at Mountstuart at 10am, there was a poster in LYH posted by pilots.
Anybody know what time she trundles back down at ?)
Old 28 September 2008, 21:21   #34

I thought the QE2 was in the middle east being used as a floating hotel?
When is she coming up the Clyde for the last time? again........
Old 28 September 2008, 21:34   #35
K&S

Bruce i believe she comes up passing Mountstuart at 10am - all boats to be, oh how was it put on the poster ..... something like dressed for the occasion....

What i don't know is when she departs.
Unfortunately i cant be there for the up river trip but would love to get to see her.

Coming back down from Greenock at night??? I recon that be worth staying out on the water for.
Old 28 September 2008, 21:52   #36
K&S

http://www.inverclyde.gov.uk/NewsR.aspx?id=425
Old 01 October 2008, 19:42   #37

It was a good firrework display at the weekend, good to see so many boats out.

Thanks for the positive comments about Amber, and the way looked after her.

We've had a lot of additional work commitments in the last few months, illness in the family, and a new arrival, so that's why we've been away from the forum and local trips for a good while.

We really enjoyed the boat, and the local RIB community made us feel very welcome.

Amber is a great boat, and we are sorry to see her go, but it was always our intention to move to something with weather protection when the wee one came along, and we want to be able to overnight, and not have to run back to the marina after each outing. Unfortunatley we're not in the market for a Redbay at the moment!

The new one's called Cirrus, and we'll keep her just as good as the old one!

Hopefully we might still be welcomed along on the odd trip as 'ex-ribsters'. We could carry the rolls, and bring up the back!

Maybe see some of you out on Sunday

Cheers
Old 01 October 2008, 20:49   #38
K&S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber1 View Post
It was a good firrework display at the weekend, good to see so many boats out.

Thanks for the positive comments about Amber, and the way looked after her.

We've had a lot of additional work commitments in the last few months, illness in the family, and a new arrival, so that's why we've been away from the forum and local trips for a good while.

We really enjoyed the boat, and the local RIB community made us feel very welcome.

Amber is a great boat, and we are sorry to see her go, but it was always our intention to move to something with weather protection when the wee one came along, and we want to be able to overnight, and not have to run back to the marina after each outing. Unfortunatley we're not in the market for a Redbay at the moment!

The new one's called Cirrus, and we'll keep her just as good as the old one!

Hopefully we might still be welcomed along on the odd trip as 'ex-ribsters'. We could carry the rolls, and bring up the back!

Maybe see some of you out on Sunday

Cheers
Hi, we used to have a Hardy Pilot and totally understand your reasons, we went to a rib as Hardy Pilots are a bit slow.

Unfortunately we haven't won the lottery yet and not in the redbay market either

To us a boat is a boat whether it's sail, human or fuel powered i'd like to think were all out for similar reasons and would be glad of your company.

Millport bay seemed a little bit quieter this year but we could put that down to bad weather in the afternoon.

See you on the water,

Kim, Susan and the weins....
Old 02 October 2008, 19:02   #39

Thanks for the positive comments, it's always good to get a few boats together, and we'd be happy to travel in company again.

The new one is happy to cruise at 18 knots, and will do 24 knots, and with the engine we expect to get similar fuel consumption as long as we don't go everywhere at full throttle!

I would agree that what matters is being out and about, enjoying the scenery, being on the water and good company.

Hope to see some of the old faces out on Sunday, hopefully it won't be as rough as last year.....

Cheers
Old 02 October 2008, 23:57   #40

Town: Firth of Clyde
Boat name: The Orange Box
Make: Avon
Engine: O/board Honda 45hp
Send a message via Skype™ to TORNADO
Delighted to see this thread, if a bit late

Hi folks, glad you all enjoyed the Millport Illuminations, they are getting better each year IMHO. Am just disappointed I didn't see the thread before the event, have been shore bound for the last wee while and could have helped you out with times etc, I spend majority of my time on Cumbrae (Fantasy Island LOL) and generally know whats happenening when.
Anyway, enjoyed the show from the esplanade, if I'd seen the thread I would have wandered along to the pier and said hello. Did hear there was a bit of entertainment/drama with passengers nearly not getting back on the Balmoral though hehehe the perils of drink!!
I will pass on the news to the local organisers that the illuminations are attracting Clyde ribbers !
Anyway, there's always next year!....by the way..IBWET, I need beer!