Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 14 May 2013, 13:02   #241
Member
 
tony t's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: west mids /tywyn
Boat name: HAWK
Make: RIBCRAFT/ Suzuki 250
Length: 7m +
Engine: Tohatsu 3.8/15hpsuzi
MMSI: 235086594
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrubicon View Post
Going to be hard to find cheap on a July weekend... but here are some choices.

Bed and breakfast, Dun Laoghaire | Ireland.com

The Purty is a cracking wee spot - nice and small so with a big group you will get an area set aside. It's also only a short 10 minute stumble to the hotel you are in too and very close to the marina.
Hi mac
Thanks for the info, will you be joining us for a
__________________

__________________
When you get to the end of your rope..tie a knot and hang on..!!
Aberdovey Ribs
B.I.O.C.Member
B.S. LEADER
tony t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2013, 13:23   #242
Member
 
Country: Ireland
Town: Dun Laoghaire
Length: no boat
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony t View Post
Hi mac
Thanks for the info, will you be joining us for a
That's the plan for now anyway but we will see closer to the time!
__________________

__________________
macrubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2013, 14:09   #243
RIBnet Supporter
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Length: no boat
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 14,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrubicon View Post
That's the plan for now anyway but we will see closer to the time!
I thought you had a party in Amerikay to be at?
__________________
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2013, 14:44   #244
Member
 
Country: Ireland
Town: Dun Laoghaire
Length: no boat
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
I thought you had a party in Amerikay to be at?
Depart for that a few days after this so will be seeing how the exchange rate works out!
__________________
macrubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2013, 00:15   #245
RIBnet supporter
 
tonymac's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Town: Belfast
Boat name: Cait
Make: Humber
Length: 5m +
Engine: 90hp Opti
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 909
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
So yeah, I'm not sure if we've Stated our Intent yet. I understand that donegaldan is going to have Deep Six in the marina beforehand this year. I will RV with him before your arrival. This year Tony will have his mobile on and will advise me if/when the UK fleet has departed the Land of Song. This will enable us to be "on station" at the Kish to ease you all through Customs, Immigration and Fingerprinting (I appreciate that Deano speaks a foreign language ). An agreed working channel would be a welcome bonus this time around.
Okay


I like the plan.

Checked out the Purty Kitchen. Its a good spot. Well chosen!
A bit further away from my list but well within reach of a stagger ....

I also intend to be on station to help everyone with immigration etc - might be a prob with coastal patrols but we will get over that .....
Good to know Channel 8. I'll RV with Donegaldan and Willk if thats ok with you guys?
Looking forward to it.
__________________
-**-**-**-**-**-**-**-**-**-**-**-**
Any meaning read into my message is the product of your own mind...
tonymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2013, 05:38   #246
Member
 
Pikey Dave's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 11,086
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymac View Post
.....Looking forward to it......
I'm not unless this feckin weather improves
__________________
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2013, 08:55   #247
Member
 
Maximus's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,285
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey Dave View Post
I'm not unless this feckin weather improves
Chin UP Dave....Going to improve Alot!...Long befor then!
__________________
A clever Man learns by his mistakes..
A Wise Man learns by other people's!

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2013, 17:33   #248
Member
 
rocknrolla's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: brierley hill
Boat name: rocknrolla
Make: osprey
Length: 7m +
Engine: outboard
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 713
Thats 6 bkt and ready t go boys
__________________
rocknrolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2013, 18:03   #249
Member
 
tony t's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: west mids /tywyn
Boat name: HAWK
Make: RIBCRAFT/ Suzuki 250
Length: 7m +
Engine: Tohatsu 3.8/15hpsuzi
MMSI: 235086594
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrolla View Post
Thats 6 bkt and ready t go boys
Looks like you have a full rib mate make sure they bring plenty beer money with them looey
__________________
When you get to the end of your rope..tie a knot and hang on..!!
Aberdovey Ribs
B.I.O.C.Member
B.S. LEADER
tony t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2013, 18:21   #250
Member
 
tony t's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: west mids /tywyn
Boat name: HAWK
Make: RIBCRAFT/ Suzuki 250
Length: 7m +
Engine: Tohatsu 3.8/15hpsuzi
MMSI: 235086594
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,268
So far making the crossing we have,

Tony T + 1
Pikey Dave +1
Hadd + 3
Mick + 1
Maximus + 1
Giddy up + 2
Rocknrolla + 5
Ribeyemick + 1
Niel mac + 1
1978 searider + 1

Thats 27 in total so far, if there are any changes please let me know asap. I've booked 30 for the meal joining us will be Willk, Dan, Tony mac, and macrubicon. I,m sure they will be able to squeeze a few more in if need be.
__________________
When you get to the end of your rope..tie a knot and hang on..!!
Aberdovey Ribs
B.I.O.C.Member
B.S. LEADER
tony t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2013, 12:19   #251
RIBnet supporter
 
tonymac's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Town: Belfast
Boat name: Cait
Make: Humber
Length: 5m +
Engine: 90hp Opti
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 909
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey Dave View Post
I'm not unless this feckin weather improves
Its gonna improve - just you wait.

I missed the Ardbeg run on Saturday due to the weather but yet a an absolutely fantastic run over to Portpatrick yesterday! Sunshine most of the way and lovely flat sea!
__________________
-**-**-**-**-**-**-**-**-**-**-**-**
Any meaning read into my message is the product of your own mind...
tonymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2013, 12:25   #252
Member
 
jambo's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Girvan & Tayvallich
Boat name: Breawatch
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mercury 150 F/stroke
MMSI: ex directory!!
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 6,203
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymac View Post
Its gonna improve - just you wait.

I missed the Ardbeg run on Saturday due to the weather but yet a an absolutely fantastic run over to Portpatrick yesterday! Sunshine most of the way and lovely flat sea!

Tony yea it was okay yesterday. You should have pmed me and I would have come down for a jar with you. better today 22 degrees I can't take it
__________________
jambo
'Carpe Diem'
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club
Member of SABS ( Scottish West Division)
jambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2013, 08:53   #253
RIBnet supporter
 
tonymac's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Town: Belfast
Boat name: Cait
Make: Humber
Length: 5m +
Engine: 90hp Opti
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 909
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo View Post
Tony yea it was okay yesterday. You should have pmed me and I would have come down for a jar with you. better today 22 degrees I can't take it
I'll do that next time Jambo!

__________________
-**-**-**-**-**-**-**-**-**-**-**-**
Any meaning read into my message is the product of your own mind...
tonymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2013, 19:23   #254
Member
 
tony t's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: west mids /tywyn
Boat name: HAWK
Make: RIBCRAFT/ Suzuki 250
Length: 7m +
Engine: Tohatsu 3.8/15hpsuzi
MMSI: 235086594
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,268
I have been phoneing around and this is the best deal i could get

I have just received the set menu from the Purty Kitchen we have a table booked for 8.30 the price will be €30.00 per person for a 3 course meal. They have requested a deposit of €150.00 which is understandable. I,m willing to send this off to reserve the table as Pikey dave said its not to much deposit per person if the weather is bad and we have to cancell.
What do you guys think


Starters

Seafood Chowder, Homemade Brown Bread

Salmon & Sweet Potato Croquettes, Honey Dijon, Pea Shoots

Deep Fired Calamari, Toamato and Sweet Chilli Dressing, Rocket Leaves

Chicken Wings With Louisiana Sauce, Cuinneog Buttermilk Ranch, carrots


Mains

Grilled Sea Bass, Saute Potato, Sweet Potato Puree, Samhire, Pickled Fennel, Saffron Aioli.

Dublin 5 lamps Lager battered haddock, Hand Cut Chips, Chunky Tartar.

Goat Cheese, Polenta Cake, Aubergine, Courgette, Roast Pepper, Pesto, Sweet Potato Wedges.

Crackling Pork belly, Creamy Mash, Savoy Cabbage, Red Onion and Cranberry Relish, Apple Cider Jus.

Dry Aged Beef Burger With Streaky bacon, Cheddar, Beef Tomato, Iceberg, Ale battered Onion ring and Hand Cut Chips.


Desserts

Cinnamon Spiced Apple and Berry Oat Crumble,

White Chocolate and raspberry Cheesecake, Raspberry Sorbet

O Hara’s Stout Chocolate Brownie, Boulaban farm Ice Cream

Sticky Toffee Pudding, caramel sauce, Vanilla Ice Cream

Tea/Coffee
__________________
When you get to the end of your rope..tie a knot and hang on..!!
Aberdovey Ribs
B.I.O.C.Member
B.S. LEADER
tony t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2013, 19:50   #255
RIBnet Supporter
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Length: no boat
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 14,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony t View Post
What do you guys think
I think if the weather is bad, donegaldan, macrubicon, tonymac and I will make a helluva dent in that €150.00...

__________________
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2013, 20:44   #256
Member
 
tony t's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: west mids /tywyn
Boat name: HAWK
Make: RIBCRAFT/ Suzuki 250
Length: 7m +
Engine: Tohatsu 3.8/15hpsuzi
MMSI: 235086594
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
I think if the weather is bad, donegaldan, macrubicon, tonymac and I will make a helluva dent in that €150.00...

Thats why i was going to suggets you 4 pay €37.50 each just in case.. that should cover you beer to for the night
__________________
When you get to the end of your rope..tie a knot and hang on..!!
Aberdovey Ribs
B.I.O.C.Member
B.S. LEADER
tony t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2013, 20:47   #257
RIBnet Supporter
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Length: no boat
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 14,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony t View Post
Thats why i was going to suggets you 4 pay €37.50 each just in case.. that should cover you beer to for the night
That's outrageous! We'll still have to pay full whack for our accommodation!

__________________
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2013, 07:59   #258
Member
 
Giddyup 3's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Acton bridge
Boat name: Giddyup 3
Make: Technohull Attitude
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x VW inboards
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 80
Tony sorry for late reply been messing about on the round isle of wight cruise great fun and good turn out 46 RIBs taking part
We are cool re the deposit just let us know what is needed and when
Cheers Dave


Quote:
Originally Posted by tony t View Post
I have been phoneing around and this is the best deal i could get

I have just received the set menu from the Purty Kitchen we have a table booked for 8.30 the price will be €30.00 per person for a 3 course meal. They have requested a deposit of €150.00 which is understandable. I,m willing to send this off to reserve the table as Pikey dave said its not to much deposit per person if the weather is bad and we have to cancell.
What do you guys think


Starters

Seafood Chowder, Homemade Brown Bread

Salmon & Sweet Potato Croquettes, Honey Dijon, Pea Shoots

Deep Fired Calamari, Toamato and Sweet Chilli Dressing, Rocket Leaves

Chicken Wings With Louisiana Sauce, Cuinneog Buttermilk Ranch, carrots


Mains

Grilled Sea Bass, Saute Potato, Sweet Potato Puree, Samhire, Pickled Fennel, Saffron Aioli.

Dublin 5 lamps Lager battered haddock, Hand Cut Chips, Chunky Tartar.

Goat Cheese, Polenta Cake, Aubergine, Courgette, Roast Pepper, Pesto, Sweet Potato Wedges.

Crackling Pork belly, Creamy Mash, Savoy Cabbage, Red Onion and Cranberry Relish, Apple Cider Jus.

Dry Aged Beef Burger With Streaky bacon, Cheddar, Beef Tomato, Iceberg, Ale battered Onion ring and Hand Cut Chips.


Desserts

Cinnamon Spiced Apple and Berry Oat Crumble,

White Chocolate and raspberry Cheesecake, Raspberry Sorbet

O Hara’s Stout Chocolate Brownie, Boulaban farm Ice Cream

Sticky Toffee Pudding, caramel sauce, Vanilla Ice Cream

Tea/Coffee
__________________
Giddyup 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2013, 18:50   #259
Member
 
neil.mccrirrick's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Oldham
Boat name: Miss Isle
Make: Solent 6.9
Length: 6m +
Engine: 225 optimax
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,283
All good with us too just say when and how much

Sent from my iPad using Rib.net
__________________
I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there.
neil.mccrirrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2013, 20:41   #260
RIBnet supporter
 
tonymac's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Town: Belfast
Boat name: Cait
Make: Humber
Length: 5m +
Engine: 90hp Opti
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 909
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
I think if the weather is bad, donegaldan, macrubicon, tonymac and I will make a helluva dent in that €150.00...

I'll second that Willk!!
__________________
-**-**-**-**-**-**-**-**-**-**-**-**
Any meaning read into my message is the product of your own mind...
tonymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT. The time now is 18:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.