Old 13 September 2018, 10:04   #41

Town: Stirling
Boat name: The Gurnard
Make: Quicksilver
Length: 4m +
Engine: mariner 25hp 2s
Hi Jeff..great to see a clip of your video. Its good to see another’s side of the adventure and your camera shows a more accurate image. The Gopro I use tends to flatten everything with its wide angle lens. Seas with waves often end up looking like millponds. Its also nice to hear the natural sounds in your video clip. I use music to hide the constant high pitch whine of my two stroke ..so can’t use natures sound unless I stop. Its something I need to work on though. Thanks for sharing..feel free to post more.

Hi Last Tango..I know the wee bay you mean and have always passed it not aware there was anything of interest in there. I will remember for next time so thanks for the heads up. I think I saw Highland Haggis hovering around that area so perhaps he has some video of it.

I have yet to think of my plans for next year but I fancy going from Stranraer to Dumfries..if its even possible.. the river Nith may prove challenging ?..but I often change my mind on my plans.

This season I wanted to do three of four routes .. Bute and Arran..Mull ..Jura ..and Skye. Im lucky in that I manages Arran and Bute twice as well as all the others..lets hope next seasons weather is as good.

Here is Part 6 of The Magic of Skye.. we pass the half way mark..and also pass the best of the weather .. but it is Scotland after all..so its not always plain sailing

To be continued

Best Regards
The Gurnard
Old 13 September 2018, 12:07   #42

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
hi donny didnt want to steal your thunder but didnt want you to think i wasn't bothered either i have a few vids my camera isn't too bad but due a change so might be on the xmas list loving your vids so far shared them at work today too
Old 13 September 2018, 12:14   #43

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
It was good to see the different perspective of your video Jeff. Almost looked like it was shot from a military craft with your forward console!
Old 13 September 2018, 12:33   #44

RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenlander View Post
It was good to see the different perspective of your video Jeff. Almost looked like it was shot from a military craft with your forward console!
thanks david the console although i like it has some disadvantages i was going to take a mate along [another story]and it would have proved very cramped with it so a new one is already on the drawing board much more simplified and electronics closer to the seat, that will leave the bow space open for kit and spare fuel. of course if i can get the bloody engine sorted you will notice when i put a couple more vids up i dont go close in which i love to do nosing in to some of the caves would have been awesome, pics dont do it justice 3 days aren't enough 3 weeks might go somewhere to seeing a lot more.

Donny i think the voice over is superb and adding pics from previous trips also adds so much more
Old 13 September 2018, 16:08   #45

RIBase
bit more footage straight off the camera so not brilliant

Old 15 September 2018, 11:33   #46

Looking good in your vid clips too Jeff ..you just need to join them all together and make a story from the clips and we will see Skye is stereo vision

Part 7 is now uploaded and it completes day two of our three day adventure. Although the wind was gusting at times to force 4 ..we took full advantage of the fact it was mostly an off shore wind and kept close to the sheltered waters below the cliffs.

We were not so lucky on day 3 where we had to meet it head on..but that's a story for the last video which will be uploaded in the next day or so

Best Regards
The Gurnard
Old 15 September 2018, 15:26   #47

Town: Perth
Make: Funyak
Engine: 20 twatsu
Great again Donnie. Loving it. Might I suggest a track for the finale? Vangelis with Jon Andersen. I'll find my way home...!
Old 16 September 2018, 10:07   #48

Make: Destroyer 5.5/Ring18
Engine: Yam 90HP/Yam200HP
4 different sibs on the trip, is there much difference between how they all perform (forget about Jeff’s engine issue)?
Old 16 September 2018, 11:44   #49

Town: Monifieth, Dundee
Boat name: No boat yet
Length: no boat
Loving this.
Old 16 September 2018, 14:37   #50

Hi Stevie.. Im not sure “ I’ll find my way home” would be suitable for a full 5 min video without someone singing ..and neither Brian nor myself warble our tonsils very well. I try to please though …

Hi 69cmw ..I regularly go on long adventures in all sorts of weather beside almost every brand of inflatable boat. What is very obvious to me is the bigger engines make for the fastest boats ..and the bigger the boat..the better it bridges waves and seems to keep going in heavy waters. Nothing at all surprising about that observation.

Apart from that..only the owners of their various brands and sizes will notice much difference. As far as I see .. every boat manages these adventures no problem whatsoever. All keep on the plane in chop and all start to slow when it gets really rough.. bar none. Choice is yours.

Hi L-Andy..Im delighted you enjoy the videos..thanks for taking the time to comment..its appreciated.

At last ..part 8 and the last episode in The Magic of Skye box set is now uploaded. Day three was a wet windy day ..but its all part of going round Scottish Island.. you have to take the rough with the smooth. Hopefully this series illustrates that with careful planning to suit weather conditions.. its not only possible to go round the larger and more remote Islands in an inflatable boat.. its also very enjoyable.

My thanks to all who watched the videos. .and a special thanks to the guys and the wee dog on the adventure ..it was a pleasure to share it with you

Best Regards
The Gurnard
Old 16 September 2018, 21:20   #51

Town: Girvan & Tayvallich
Boat name: Breawatch
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mercury 150 F/stroke
MMSI: ex directory!!
RIBase
Hi Donny. Great set of vids as usual. Looked a fantastic trip with excellent company and a fair mix of seas and wx. We tried to go over to Pladda last week but had to call of due to the weather. So season nearly over can only hope to squeeze some wee jaunts in before lift out.
Cheers
J
Member of SABS ( Scottish West Division)
jambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2018, 22:05   #52

Town: Edinburgh
Boat name: Excel Chalanger
Make: Highfield 380 Excel
Engine: 25 Yamaha 25Suzuki
MMSI: 235919522
Hi Donny once again great production of video's you have mastered the art of video editing will look forward for your 2019 outings when you decide to travel until then take care and happy hill walking over the winter HH
Old 16 September 2018, 22:30   #53

Make: Destroyer 5.5/Ring18
Engine: Yam 90HP/Yam200HP
Great videos as usual [emoji108]. How much fuel did you use on the trip?
Old 16 September 2018, 23:08   #54

Town: Edinburgh
Boat name: Excel Chalanger
Make: Highfield 380 Excel
Engine: 25 Yamaha 25Suzuki
MMSI: 235919522
I only used 31ltr on a Honewave T40 & Suzuki 20hp with camping gear plus food ,water , and freshly squeezed Apple Juice [emoji6]
Old 17 September 2018, 08:35   #55

Town: Dublin
Length: no boat
Hi Donny,
Thanks for posting this thread, i really enjoyed it.
You’re a man of many talents.
Old 17 September 2018, 09:41   #56

RIBase
carried 81lt used 51.5lt not bad since i had to keep the revs up, on these trips i get about 4.6 KM/lt probably equivalent to 3 up weight wise 10 1/4 x 10 prop
Old 17 September 2018, 10:03   #57

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Good to see the conclusion of the round trip even if in some rubbish weather.

Jeff your consumption is about what I'd expect from your motor but HH yours is exceptional at just over 5m per litre... when I had that motor it was nearer 3m/lit and I thought that good as it was 50% further per lit than my Mercury 15 2-stroke.
Old 17 September 2018, 10:30   #58

RIBase
last one from me just to show the rough bit not easy to get a good vid bouncing about.
thanks for taking the time to do the box set Donny very much appreciated and of course organising another good trip.

david i seem to get this fuel consumption spread over all scenarios [mix of throttle]based on the last 5 trips of any distance happy with it to be honest 147 miles covered this trip according to the plotter.its working out at 4.6lt/KM suzuki recon 6.3lt/km which would be based on light loading.

after i took this footage i tucked in behind Donny and wash hung for quite a while getting a much smoother ride and being dragged by his wake cheeky i know
Old 17 September 2018, 16:39   #59

Town: Perth
Make: Funyak
Engine: 20 twatsu
������thanks Donny! And, maybe not so sad I missed the trip - that last section looks brutal... Glad you all found your way home!
Old 18 September 2018, 22:05   #60

Town: Manchester
Boat name: "mr Jingles"
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: 130 Etec
MMSI: 235074968
RIBase
Hi Donny cracking set of video's what a great adventure glad you all made it round well done!
hadd is offline   Reply With Quote