Old 26 November 2022, 11:21   #21

Town: teesside
Boat name: magic
Make: humber 5.5
Length: 5m +
Engine: mariner 115
MMSI: 232012453
the plot thickens i had emailed shark direct for a quote not realizing there in Australia today i received an email from a guy called Paul the ceo who said he had forwarded my request to there Uk distributor .i replied and told him i had had a quote and at nearly £9000 they were out of my budget but thanks ect .he just replied and said that price is not what they should be he was very surprised and asked me to forward him the quote and he will look into it
Old 26 November 2022, 16:26   #22

Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
the plot thickens i had emailed shark direct for a quote not realizing there in Australia today i received an email from a guy called Paul the ceo who said he had forwarded my request to there Uk distributor .i replied and told him i had had a quote and at nearly £9000 they were out of my budget but thanks ect .he just replied and said that price is not what they should be he was very surprised and asked me to forward him the quote and he will look into it

I wonder if they’ve got their AUD mixed up with their GBP.
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:Don't feed the troll
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2022, 16:44   #23

Make: Destroyer 5.5/Ring18
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yam 90HP/Yam200HP
shock mitigating seats

Beer

Go on the Hypro Marine website and see if they have prices?
Old 26 November 2022, 16:54   #24

Town: Principalite d'Chaos
Boat name: The Nashers Revenge!
Make: Windsor Brothers
Length: 6m +
Engine: Optimax 225
MMSI: "Mmmmm SI" she said!
I can confirm that the two ex-MOD Ullmans that I was already negotiating on when the link was posted are more than a little worse for wear, but suit my need perfectly and I just need to find two or four more now.

Old 27 November 2022, 08:39   #25

Town: Waterlooville
Boat name: Tickler
Make: Halmatic P22
Engine: Inboard Diesel 240HP
MMSI: 235115642
RIBase
There is £2k for additional bits so if you take that away it leaves you in the 'right' ballpark for new suspension seats.

I'm guessing the multi-plinths are the seat bases. Are the slider rails the same as cargo rails and are they fixed between the base and the deck? £484 sounds a lot of money if that is the case. Unwin do a selection of rails and fixings.

I think I'd be holding out for some second hand seats. They are worth the wait though.
Old 27 November 2022, 09:01   #26

the guy from shark has got back to me this morning and says if i change to black seats and non adjustable bases no rails they would come in at just £5k but that doesn't include any customs charges so probably plus 20% which is probably where new ones are going to be everywhere .i am going to have to have a think on this as i really dont want to spend over £5k on a pair of seats
Old 27 November 2022, 09:17   #27

RIBase
Quote:
the guy from shark has got back to me this morning and says if i change to black seats and non adjustable bases no rails they would come in at just £5k but that doesn't include any customs charges so probably plus 20% which is probably where new ones are going to be everywhere .i am going to have to have a think on this as i really dont want to spend over £5k on a pair of seats

Before you take the leap, take a honest look at your boat setup, particularly the console. “Generally” shock seats need to be nearer the console than traditional jockeys. This is due to the shape of the seats. You sit ON a traditional jockey seat & can slide backwards & forwards on the cushion to suit conditions. You tend to sit IN a shock seat as they are shaped to hug you, so there’s less scope for adjustment of the comfy position. You need to be able to sit back in the seat with most of your body in contact (I.e. supported) with the seat & your back straight, and be comfortably able to reach the helm & throttle. This is why Ullman advises having a cut away console so that you can get close enough to let the seat do its job.
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Old 27 November 2022, 09:20   #28

Town: Abersoch
Boat name: vanishing point
Make: phantom, Ribtec
Engine: 200hp
Quote:
has anyone got a pair of suspension jockey seats they would like to sell .if so please contact me cheers
This was posted on boatmad in the summer

https://www.boatmad.com/forum/f9/sus...ats-31700.html
Old 27 November 2022, 11:09   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey Dave View Post
Before you take the leap, take a honest look at your boat setup, particularly the console. “Generally” shock seats need to be nearer the console than traditional jockeys. This is due to the shape of the seats. You sit ON a traditional jockey seat & can slide backwards & forwards on the cushion to suit conditions. You tend to sit IN a shock seat as they are shaped to hug you, so there’s less scope for adjustment of the comfy position. You need to be able to sit back in the seat with most of your body in contact (I.e. supported) with the seat & your back straight, and be comfortably able to reach the helm & throttle. This is why Ullman advises having a cut away console so that you can get close enough to let the seat do its job.
You are right on the money with this.
My conversion includes modifying the console to move the helm back @8" in a pod.
Old 27 November 2022, 15:48   #30

RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasher View Post
You are right on the money with this.

My conversion includes modifying the console to move the helm back @8" in a pod.

If you’re going to that much trouble, I’d also look at offsetting your helm to one side (depending on which side of the console it’s on) & bringing the throttle towards your centreline. Ideally the helm & throttle should be either side of the seat centre line, so that you reach both controls equally, rather than having the helm on the centre & over reaching for the throttle.
Old 27 November 2022, 16:43   #31

I don't really want to hijack this thread, so will be starting a project thread of my own in the new year.

I need to mock it all up and see if it's actually necessary, but the plan in my head is to create a pod for the helm and throttle to move back towards the stern @6-8"

This is what I'm starting with:

And a pod will give me something like this in a side view:

Old 27 November 2022, 17:25   #32

Town: Waterlooville
Boat name: Tickler
Make: Halmatic P22
Engine: Inboard Diesel 240HP
MMSI: 235115642
RIBase
I've attached a link to the Ullman guidance on console design which is well worth a read if you are fitting suspension seats.

As PD suggests, offsetting the throttle and wheel so they are as close to equidistant from the seat centreline is definitely recommended.

https://ullmandynamics.com/wp-conten...-for-Speed.pdf

Just to clarify - it is the bit of the steering wheel rim that you naturally hold on to that wants to be equidistant to the throttle from the seat centreline.
Old 27 November 2022, 21:34   #33

Town: suffolk
Boat name: not yet
Make: Gemini
Engine: Suzuki 140
Quote:
There is or was a company uk manufacturing in Brightlingsea Essex,
Shockiso .......guys name was lincoln i believe , website seems to have gone but instagram alive i think 07760213366
Old 29 November 2022, 06:50   #34

Make: Destroyer 5.5/Ring18
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yam 90HP/Yam200HP
My mate had a quote recently from Ribcraft to supply and fit Ullman Biscay seats to a new build, £4K plus vat each.
Old 29 November 2022, 10:16   #35

thanks folks i have had a good price from scott but there's a couple of used options possibly i need to wait and see how the used ones pan out as that route could save me quite a bit of cash
Old 03 December 2022, 11:11   #36

Town: suffolk
Boat name: not yet
Make: Gemini
Engine: Suzuki 140
Not sure if these have been on ebay for a while or are a new possibility , i,m sure they wont carry all the criteria to be used by the forces /ministry but fine for leisure use maybe worth a look ,cheap enough with a years warranty an quite narrow ??
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204148610866
Old 05 December 2022, 11:29   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwell boy View Post
Not sure if these have been on ebay for a while or are a new possibility , i,m sure they wont carry all the criteria to be used by the forces /ministry but fine for leisure use maybe worth a look ,cheap enough with a years warranty an quite narrow ??

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204148610866
I have looked at them but they Don't look very substantial I want something that's going to last