Old 21 October 2007, 05:12   #11

Town: Guernsey
Boat name: Genie
Make: Lema
Length: 6m +
Engine: inboard petrol 225hp
Thanks Comfy - great looking boat you have there!
A PM has been sent to you.
Thanks
Rob

Old 04 November 2007, 15:08   #12

Town: St Peter Port
Boat name: La Conchee
Make: Coastline
Length: 7m +
Engine: Suzuki 150
MMSI: 235055744
Sunday 4th November

Well folks, just goes to show what a good thing ribnet is, although my misses still thinks it must be a perv site, what with all the time I spend seeing what you guys are talking about.

Sent Genie a PM and him and his misses went for a blast this afternoon which was a beautiful warm sunny day F3 NE slight chop in places. Down to Fermain and then across to Lowerheads before heading towads Brehon where we saw Tony in his Scorpion and caught up in the Percee passage before heading around to Shell for a chat. At least Tony had remebered his Camera, doh!

It was finally good to meet Tony and I am afraid seeing that big yellow rib I was determined to keep up so provided Mrs Genie wasn't put off by my inexperienced driving I think we may have hooked Genie into becoming a new rib owner and coming over to the Dark side. May the Farce be with you!

What did you think Genie?

Old 05 November 2007, 05:19   #13

Boat name: Genie
Make: Lema
Length: 6m +
Engine: inboard petrol 225hp
Hi Comfy!
Yes, I think we are now suitably smitten with all things inflateable (oo-er!) and thanks once again for taking us out on Conchee - she was a very comfortable and dry ride - at 37knots (and a bit more to come I think!) she was very well planted and that Deep-Vee doing it's job admirably.
I have to admit, it was a bit strange to meet someone on the 'internet' first before actually meeting them, but it was a pleasure to meet you and even better when Tony in his Yellow Peril turned up.
I'll let you make the jokes about lumpy petrol to him :-)!
We have some piccies so will forward them to Tony (once we get them out of our infernal phone!) as i think he is eager to see his Scorpion 'in action'!
I will post a new thread about our day out soon so folk can see that this RIBnet thing really does work!
We had a blast and thanks for clearing out the cobwebs - I'm surprised I still have hair on my head!
Many thanks for taking us out - I know Joo was equally impressed with your boat and had a great time as well.
I think it will have to be a RIB after yesterday - all I have to do now is sell my current boat and I'll be there!
Hope to catch up aagain soon (with my own RIB fingers crossed) as Tony has offered to scare the beejesus out of us with a trip on his rubber Exocet (I may very well take him up on that kind offer!).
Cheers!
Rob
Old 05 November 2007, 07:16   #14

Boat name: Demon Displacement
Make: HFM Ceasar T/Cat
Length: 8m +
Engine: 50HP
Try a guy called Tom. Has a couple of boats within St Peter Port. I think a Ribcraft and a Ribtec + a couple of others. His Mobile is 07912342099 He would be able to least take you out on a demo so you can see waht a RIB is about.

Regards

Craig
Old 05 November 2007, 12:18   #15

Town: St Peter Port
Boat name: La Conchee
Make: Coastline
Length: 7m +
Engine: Suzuki 150
MMSI: 235055744
I am glad that you enjoyed yourselves, it was a lovely afternoon.

Keep in touch

Rob